Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
:lol:
Ok, off to clear the snow....

151512158_10157594606986852_6730732901308948331_n.jpg

Wow! I should have bought some Texas energy futures a few days ago..

“The temporary train wreck of the Texas energy market Monday and Tuesday from the extreme cold and snow has seen the wholesale price of electricity in Houston go from $22 a megawatt-hour to about $9,000, while 4 million Texans have been without power.”

Hello All! Got a call from the powdercoat shop today, bad news, my springs evidently had pads in between the leaves, melted out. I'm kinda thinking if that's what they do that they should have known it was at least possible. Does anyone know if these springs can or should be ran like this?

Hello All! Got a call from the powdercoat shop today, bad news, my springs evidently had pads in between the leaves, melted out. I'm kinda thinking if that's what they do that they should have known it was at least possible. Does anyone know if these springs can or should be ran like this?
Eh not sure but I’d be making them replace them

Wow! I should have bought some Texas energy futures a few days ago..

“The temporary train wreck of the Texas energy market Monday and Tuesday from the extreme cold and snow has seen the wholesale price of electricity in Houston go from $22 a megawatt-hour to about $9,000, while 4 million Texans have been without power.”

While the Texas power companies have gen plants sitting idle because they aren't constructed for cold weather :BangHead:

They powder coated leaf springs assembled? I would assume you would want to do individual leaves or the coating would bond them together and crack when you run them.

You can run them without, but I would take them apart and replace the pads. They are there for a reason. Either that, or buy new springs and sell the old ones. I’m quite happy with my Super Stock springs and they weren’t all that expensive.

Just my 2 cents.

They powder coated leaf springs assembled? I would assume you would want to do individual leaves or the coating would bond them together and crack when you run them.

We talked about the edges being not coated as well, didn't seem like a huge deal to me at the time. I honestly didn't think about disassembly, that's what my buddy said too, should have been taken apart.

Yeah I learned that lesson when I painted my leafs assembled in my 78 when I was 15.

We talked about the edges being not coated as well, didn't seem like a huge deal to me at the time. I honestly didn't think about disassembly, that's what my buddy said too, should have been taken apart.
No offense, but sounds like they half assed it

You can run them without, but I would take them apart and replace the pads. They are there for a reason. Either that, or buy new springs and sell the old ones. I’m quite happy with my Super Stock springs and they weren’t all that expensive.

Just my 2 cents.

I might as well get new ones because if I get the pads, take them apart to replace, the springs will still need either paint or powder coat. I think they're under $200 a pair. It's interesting to me that the shop asked about making sure it was okay to tape the threads (on the shackles), but did not mention that there could be pads between the leaves.

Yeah I learned that lesson when I painted my leafs assembled in my 78 when I was 15.
I spraybombed the ones in the Duster assembled. But, if you are looking for a quality job, just no way around taking them apart.
I think those pieces in there are vibration/noise dampeners

I spraybombed the ones in the Duster assembled. But, if you are looking for a quality job, just no way around taking them apart.
I think those pieces in there are vibration/noise dampeners
Yep, they keep the leafs moving easily without squeaks and dampen the vibrations over the flex range they experience on the road. Best thing is to keep them lubed with something like fluid film so that everything slides like it should. It will also keep rust away so that they stay looking good with just a simple paint coating. No real need to powder coat.

I agree they 1/2 assed it. Springs should have been disassembled. Lots of spring packs dont use wear strips.

-
Back