Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Nice had a 10am Appt at the bank because the wife lost the key to one of the safety deposit boxes and it has to be drilled and replace and I have to be there. They actually closed the bank today! Kind of weird.

Nice had a 10am Appt at the bank because the wife lost the key to one of the safety deposit boxes and it has to be drilled and replace and I have to be there. They actually closed the bank today! Kind of weird.

Are they afraid of what they might find in the safety deposit box? :rolleyes:

Weather or did they find out you was coming in :lol:

Just because it will be opened I guess so there is no liability. It is just a door and there is a sealed metal box inside. I get why. Just a PIA and not cheap

Just because it will be opened I guess so there is no liability. It is just a door and there is a sealed metal box inside. I get why. Just a PIA and not cheap
Not many banks around here even do safety deposit boxes

They all do here. I get one free for being a vet and I needed a larger one for all the metal I have bought over the years. Freaking box is heavy as hell, prob 50 lbs or so.

They all do here. I get one free for being a vet and I needed a larger one for all the metal I have bought over the years. Freaking box is heavy as hell, prob 50 lbs or so.
Silver and gold? Where do you buy the stuff?

I have been buying silve american eagles for years. Dam things are around 45 now, dont think I paid more than 20 ever. They are actually worth more a a collector coin than bulion. Never got into the bars. They are bullion weight no collectors for them

My dad had a coffee can of them. They were pretty cool. I have no idea what happened to them, my sister prob grabbed them.

This years they did a limited striking so the price went right up to near 50, silver is around 28 a troy ounce.

s-l500.jpg

Just got an email from the Mopars in the Park people. They found the issue and fixed it. I am good now.

We have a couple collector coin shops that have been in business for decades each. Is that a good place to buy? I know, pay retail and sit on them to increase in value.

Can be you kind of have to know values. They are always above bullion price. Thats what I got them for when the world goes to crap. I have found them all over the place. Gun shows, swap meets, Auction etc. Always think of them as the bullion price and no more than 30% above that. Definitely two different values coin vs Bullion.

I think I have a full set of american eagles. I should get one of those holder books just because. Not very high on my list of to do things.

Can be you kind of have to know values. They are always above bullion price. Thats what I got them for when the world goes to crap. I have found them all over the place. Gun shows, swap meets, Auction etc. Always think of them as the bullion price and no more than 30% above that. Definitely two different values coin vs Bullion.
And where do you find bullion price. And then there are different graded coins or do you just buy for the silver content??

I think I have a full set of american eagles. I should get one of those holder books just because. Not very high on my list of to do things.
When Simone's father passed, was going thru his stuff, a hoarder. Fount about 30 grand worth of Silver, gold coins....Spent!!!

I still have a few rolls of silver dimes and quarters around here. It helped spending 3 years in a gas station just 10 years after they went to the tri-metals and that station being on the main route between San Joaquin Valley and Vegas and I 40.

It's snowing! Got near 4" already here. When I went to sleep they were calling for 3-5. Now shows 5-8. As of now I still have work this afternoon. Will see....

I have silver. Started buying when it was around 14 an oz. I like ingots and rounds. But have quite a few dollars too. I have bought from JMBullion. Just do a search they will tell you what the spot price is. When it hits 200 I’m cashing in.

-
Back