Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Lol.

20210225_103609_HDR.jpg

Sound like the seagoing wing nuts from Lemore NAS have brought their F18s over here to play at the beach. Odd that they use the public airfield here, when 12 miles away is VAFB with an unused strip long enough for land speed record time trials and the Space Shuttle. Could be that VAFB doesn't have a Mexican restaurant and cocktail lounge right next to the strip :lol:. Come for the tacos, stay for the beer :rofl:

Day’s work is done. Trying to get one more in as i need to wait for one to show up and pick up his van.

So i billed out over 300 today done by 2:00. Everything was inventory that is bought and paid for. Except 15 for an air filter. So it was a good day.

I haven’t heard much ongoing issues from either, but seems more people have this kind of initial stuff from Moderna.
I had her check her card, it’s the Moderna second dose that she got yesterday

And I have an update on the wheel situation. Only option is a spacer at this point. I even called the manufacturer and basically I’m stuck with them. Even though they admit, the wheels aren’t to the spec they advertised

I took out the micrometers today, albeit the cheap ones. And my bore gauges.

the rotor hub diameter is 70.00 mm(spec called for 70.3) the rotor hub height is 33.58 mm.
The wheel center bore measures dead on to spec at 70.6mm from the rear. However, at 27.40 mm from the mounting surface is an inside step that retains the center cap, from there, outward to the front of the rim, it tapers down to 70.11mm.

the problem is, this also tapers on the outside, there’s only 6 mm difference between the inside diameter and the outside from the step forward. So machining isn’t gonna work on the wheel. I confirmed that with the wheel shop in Louisville.

machining the hub also won’t work for the same reason.

so looks like I’ll be selling these rims . Which sucks cause it took me 2 years to settle on these.

Or I may run a 6mm spacer amd longer studs

Last edited:
Eat bananas. You need potassium.

Thanks, I read that yesterday and laid down for a bit... My legs started getting pains, then I ate two bananas and started feeling better...

So far no pains yet... :D

Like Bill Burr says, that's why you need to hang around with everybody.... Some people have information that others don't.... We need to share this information to help each other...

Thanks, I read that yesterday and laid down for a bit... My legs started getting pains, then I ate two bananas and started feeling better...

Like Bill Burr says, that's why you need to hang around with everybody.... Some people have information that others don't.... We need to share this information to help each other...

Good to hear it worked for you.

Bananas should be a super fruit. After my knee surgery and when the pain meds stopped being prescribed, my surgeon recommended that I eat a banana with every meal to help with swelling and pain. It seemed to work better than the pain meds. Not sure if it was a psychological effect or true but hey

Either machine components or a spacer. Thousands of race cars use spacers for their intended purpose. As long as you have plenty of lug nut thread you should be ok.

The rule of thumb for minimum thread engagement is 1 1/2 times the thread diameter or OD of the bolt....

So if you have a 1/2" thread:

You take 1/2" + 1/4" (half the diameter) = 3/4" of thread engagement...

So if you have a 1/2" bolt, then you need at least 3/4" of thread depth for it to hold well...

Plus the first two or three threads on a bolt are not for holding load, they are tapered... So the third thread is the first good one that you can count on.... The first two at the tip, not so much...

Bananas should be a super fruit. After my knee surgery and when the pain meds stopped being prescribed, my surgeon recommended that I eat a banana with every meal to help with swelling and pain. It seemed to work better than the pain meds. Not sure if it was a psychological effect or true but hey

Funny thing is, I usually always buy bananas when I shop for groceries.... I just don't eat them most of the time and end up throwing them out....

I need to start making a point to eat at least one a day....

Funny thing is, I usually always buy bananas when I shop for groceries.... I just don't eat them most of the time and end up throwing them out....

I need to start making a point to eat at least one a day....
Or a multivitamin 2 or 3 nanners a week would work.

Success finally. What a total PITA. But we got it on the ground, hopefully truck shows up. Sending them to Chicago to get rechromed. Some serious lathe to spin that puppy, once they replate with new chrome they machine them back to round. To replace a bearing is just north of 20k so we fought them all the way vs torching them off, arghh. Time for a serious toddy!

View attachment 1715696832

There was a place off of 8 Mile in Detroit that could turn up to about 28" diameter if I remember correctly...

-
Back