Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Success finally. What a total PITA. But we got it on the ground, hopefully truck shows up. Sending them to Chicago to get rechromed. Some serious lathe to spin that puppy, once they replate with new chrome they machine them back to round. To replace a bearing is just north of 20k so we fought them all the way vs torching them off, arghh. Time for a serious toddy!

View attachment 1715696832

What is that thing?

It's a front wheel for a steam roller.... :D :steering:

Thanks. Probably have to travel for those. I live in BFE, just ask @Mopar Tim haha

You need to find a good machine shop that can turn that rim and take some off the ID... It will take a good machine to do that properly... A big lathe where they can get the cutting tool on the inside of the center hole of the rim...

Here are a few pics from yesterday's adventure. The guy in the water is the brother, fisherman. We rode out to his nets and he took his catch. Three different spots. Then we tied up to his night sleep vessel. Uses it when he night fishes. They pick the purple flowers, but I didn't know why. Found out later, you dip them in the hot pot and eat them. Wards of cancer he said. Didn't taste bad either.
PXL_20210225_050102293.jpg
PXL_20210225_051706805.jpg
PXL_20210225_054455682.jpg
PXL_20210225_055726566.jpg
PXL_20210225_060254099.jpg

Snow dropped 4” here in the last few days. Cold tomorrow and above freezing again friday.
Van for tires swap is in shop, the snow can melt off the roof. Of the van. Lots of work coming in.

We've finally had some of our snow melt the last few days...

We really needed it, it was getting pretty tall...

****.jpg

DSC05634 B.JPG

It was almost up to the mail box....

DSC05646 B.JPG

You need to find a good machine shop that can turn that rim and take some off the ID... It will take a good machine to do that properly... A big lathe where they can get the cutting tool on the inside of the center hole of the rim...
I’m worried it’d be too thin then. Wheel shop I found in Kentucky said the same thing. I’m thinking I’ll just run a spacer for now. Then try to find a new set with the same specs, minus the center bore, and then sell these.

Morning all spent a couple hours last evening at the house to be. I had my realtor buddy go through the house and glad he did. The house has all Pella roll out windows, not my favorite but they'll do for now. Anyway the bottom of a west facing window was rotted. We checked three more and they were all ok. You guys have been there sometimes one window might just be bad wood when its made. Buddy said call Pella have them inspect them. I thought about it since there are about 40 freaking windows and decided we'll check them. The owner's care taker present with my buddy who has a restoration business and knows windows. We'll identify the bad ones, determine the cost, and report to the owner. Should have it done this week. Pella might of been a week or more to get out. We have a glass company that will come out if needed, remove and repair the window, and install it at a reasonable price.

.sometimes it's the side of the house also... Each side has it's elements that it's exposed to....

The sun is usually shining bright on the south side of my house, and not as much on the north... The snow melts faster on the south because of the stronger sun's rays on that side...

So a house will have one side with heavy sun, and the other with more moisture which can make the wood rot faster than the other sides...

My grandpa had this house custom designed with 4 foot overhang on the roof... You can walk all the way around the perimeter in the rain and not get wet... It helps shelter the windows...

I’m worried it’d be too thin then. Wheel shop I found in Kentucky said the same thing. I’m thinking I’ll just run a spacer for now. Then try to find a new set with the same specs, minus the center bore, and then sell these.
Sounds like the best option given everything you figured out today. Spacers are fine as long as the studs are of a sufficient length to securely anchor the lugs.

.sometimes it's the side of the house also... Each side has it's elements that it's exposed to....

The sun is usually shining bright on the south side of my house, and not as much on the north... The snow melts faster on the south because of the stronger sun's rays on that side...

So a house will have one side with heavy sun, and the other with more moisture which can make the wood rot faster than the other sides...

My grandpa had this house custom designed with 4 foot overhang on the roof... You can walk all the way around the perimeter in the rain and not get wet... It helps shelter the windows...
Iffn i was building a house,thats what i would do. Just not a fan of hip roofs.

Use a die grinder

So the talk with the wheel shop was interesting. If I bring them the rotor and the wheel, theyll make the wheel fit for 150 per wheel. If I want a new grove cut for the center caps and the caps worked to fit correctly, it’s 225 per wheel. :eek:

Chris dont over think it just do it!

You may be overthinking this....

Does the center hub snout locate the wheel????

What about rear drum brakes on our classic cars??? It doesn't have a snout to locate/center the wheel, the bolt pattern for the lugs does.... All you need to do is grind some clearance for the rims to fit over the hubs of the rotors...

It's the taper on the back face of the lug nuts that locate the rim... Use your GD&T....

-
Back