Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I don't have to mow it yet. I have a JD mower here at the current house small but does the job. New house has some slope in areas and the small one would take some time to get that job done. Not to mention lots of trees.
Slope should be no big deal and a zero turn hugs the trees.

Same here on the hills, had to go with the tractor, but tell you what that bucket is the best!
IMG_2811.JPG

One pluss I like is a drive over deck makes blade change/sharpening a breeze. Not sure if zero turn has that or not.

I had the JD dealer give me a full set of fitters and blades also as part of the deal. worked out well. The spare blades I sharpen/baance and just change them out, way easier.

For the group a question...with this new house comes some acres.
I will be purchasing a zero turn mower, probably a 60" deck.
Any suggestions with one you might of owned or knew about??
I'm leaning towards a JD.
From my experience, zero turns beat you up vs something like a steiner or Kubota. If your land is easy flowing, golf course like, grass, then yes im sure a zero turn is great. We however traded a steiner 2300 in on a scag 26 horse, and instantly regretted it. We now have a Kubota b23 4wd. But we mow probably 10 acres of slants, hills, etc. If I had it to do over, probably would have kept the steiner. The Kubota is a nice little lawn tractor, but it's the awkward size of not really being big enough to do medium to heavy work....but bigger than a large lawn mover. It's It's 23 horse diesel I believe. Which sounds bigger than it is. I do give the kubota initial build quality advantage vs the others. By comparison I also have a new Holland boomer....and it has some chinsy build quality in some areas for sure. Not sure how much all that helps.

That is one thing I kind of regret not getting but 12K for something like that was not worth it to me.

Technically you need to have the lift installed professionally for insurance to cover the building. Not sure on a four post with wheels. Something to look into also zoneing. There were some nite mares a few years ago on here.

I will pose a group question! Anyone ever install their own, radiant heated floors in a concrete slab?

I need to get my game plan together here before concrete. And would be doing it myself

Screenshot_20210319-063525_Chrome.jpg

I will pose a group question! Anyone ever install their own, radiant heated floors in a concrete slab?

I need to get my game plan together here before concrete. And would be doing it myself

View attachment 1715710153
I was going to in mine but had to deploy when they poured. Way to go in a shop though.

Seriously check out the zoning and insurance before putting it up.
I'm in the county now so no zoning requirements for a lift. When I call USAA for my homeowners transfer I'll ask.
Probably won't install it until late summer/early fall. Too much other stuff to do first.

Nice. I remember one guy had neighbor issues and they said he was doing car work at home. The HOA and county got involved was a freaking mess he ended up taking it down.

Right no HOA here. Several houses around the lake already have lifts in the garage.

-
Back