Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Preparation is easily 95% of a good weld. I try and try to explain that to my young gun welders and they just won’t listen, they are in such a hurry to get to next fixture. Good welders have learned how to prep the weld. Welding it is the easy part!

I prepared one Friday night before my apprenticeship welding class Saturday morning 70 miles away. Got pretty tuned up with the homeboys :lol:. Drive to San Berdoo at 6am next morning. Get to class hands shaking like a poodle pooping peach seeds :rolleyes:. I had been having trouble stick welding vertical, that Saturday one tap of the hammer slag falls off, stack of dimes underneath. Instructor comes in to check on me " I don't know what you're doing different, but keep it up. Looks great!" :lol:

I prepared one Friday night before my apprenticeship welding class Saturday morning 70 miles away. Got pretty tuned up with the homeboys :lol:. Drive to San Berdoo at 6am next morning. Get to class hands shaking like a poodle pooping peach seeds :rolleyes:. I had been having trouble stick welding vertical, that Saturday one tap of the hammer slag falls off, stack of dimes underneath. Instructor comes in to check on me " I don't know what you're doing different, but keep it up. Looks great!" :lol:
It has always seemed to me that some of the better local welders are functioning drunks! I really should be a better welder!

216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=84a396&_nc_ohc=I5rut3A670EAX92aESk&_nc_ht=scontent.fsan1-2.jpg

So my dear wife had a conversation with public health. we have been deemed not a close contact. Guess we are off the hook. Thats a relief. If my wifes employer still wants her to isolate, we still will.

Man Chris almost made the most Chris level mistake ever. My quarter panel luckily is held on with Clecos and I was just finishing my final prep and trim and I decided to take it off one last time before tacking it on. Good thing I did because I’d forgotten to take the bracing I’d put in where the quarter window goes. Whew that would have sucked

Man. 80.00 for studs for hood scoops. Crazy!! Hope Dave put them with the car, I cannot locate them. Called.....

He said he put them with the rest of the parts. I just have to find them.....:BangHead:
They were in there when you left here here. I gave them to you with the scoops in a separate package. If you can’t find them, they are 1/4” 20 IIRC. You can just use 1/2” long bolts and washers if necessary. The studs are only about 1” total length as I remember.

They were in there when you left here here. I gave them to you with the scoops in a separate package. If you can’t find them, they are 1/4” 20 IIRC. You can just use 1/2” long bolts and washers if necessary. The studs are only about 1” total length as I remember.
All the ones I see advertises are course thread. Like wood screws.... The scoops look like they need just what you said....

All the ones I see advertises are course thread. Like wood screws.... The scoops look like they need just what you said....
I’ll ask my buddy where he got the ones for his. He put a duster scoop on his rambler

-
Back