Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I am off to South Dakota to teach a defensive firearms class to a large catholic family! Payment is weekend stay at hunting lodge all meals and drinks included, all weekend, complete with long distance range and trap field. Prime rib for dinner tonight. Steaks grilled every day! The Patriarch reached out to me, I will be teaching three generations of same family. Men and Women, it will be a hoot. Boarding the hound for the weekend at the pooch hotel. but in retrospect I think perhaps I should have boarded Jodi and took Hemi. Holy crap, we still haven’t got on the road yet. I mean virtually everything is included, meals drinks etc etc. How much packing do ya really need?
Sounds great.
Other than teaching material and some basic emergency stuff, I'm with you. Shoulda been an easy pack.

I am off to South Dakota to teach a defensive firearms class to a large catholic family! Payment is weekend stay at hunting lodge all meals and drinks included, all weekend, complete with long distance range and trap field. Prime rib for dinner tonight. Steaks grilled every day! The Patriarch reached out to me, I will be teaching three generations of same family. Men and Women, it will be a hoot. Boarding the hound for the weekend at the pooch hotel. but in retrospect I think perhaps I should have boarded Jodi and took Hemi. Holy crap, we still haven’t got on the road yet. I mean virtually everything is included, meals drinks etc etc. How much packing do ya really need?
Sounds like fun. Those Catholic's like their whiskey! Perfect.

Starting teardown of this pontiac. Forgot, timing cover leaks. That’s why i got the new water pump. Replace it while its off. I think the motor mounts will be the most difficult part.

What a waste!
https://www.smokstak.com/forum/attachments/bb1gcudw-img-jpg.444834/
bb1gcudw-img-jpg.444834
You'll have to copy the photo and paste it into FABO

Good Morning All! Dropped wife off at airport then drove back off the island in Suburban to pick up beef and two fruit trees. Came home and realized dogs were out of food by this a.m. so back out to the commissary, today's going to be a stay at home day lol!

Got my garden stakes cut for the bird net over my blueberries... My son gets married Jun 5 and wife is putting the centerpieces together. She got these cool jars, but wanted the metal cages ivory instead of black. Needed a quick way to do a repaint production line. So, before I jam them in the ground, built this high tech structure. Lol

View attachment 1715736874

Just curious what are you using for netting? I ask because neighbor gal says she netted her blueberries next door and birds got tangled in the netting and it got old pulling them out of there, dead or alive. I have 3 bushes in a row and a gooseberry to cover.

Just curious what are you using for netting? I ask because neighbor gal says she netted her blueberries next door and birds got tangled in the netting and it got old pulling them out of there, dead or alive. I have 3 bushes in a row and a gooseberry to cover.
Hmmm, It's light weight plastic net for birds. Got a roll at Home Depot. Had similar stuff on last year, but laid right on them. They picked the berries right through it. :mad: So this year I am rigging a cage to lay the netting on above them. I remember one bird getting trapped under it, but none actually stuck.

Last edited:
Here's a couple pics of new fruit trees and 1/4 side of beef. The pear is a grafted tree with 5 varieties of pears. Found a single T-bone steak packaged, thawing that one out since the wife's in Michigan.

IMG_2610 (2).jpg

IMG_2611 (2).jpg

IMG_2612 (1).jpg

IMG_2614 (1).jpg

IMG_2615 (1).jpg

Here's a couple pics of new fruit trees and 1/4 side of beef. The pear is a grafted tree with 5 varieties of pears. Found a single T-bone steak packaged, thawing that one out since the wife's in Michigan.

View attachment 1715737266
Wish we had gotten an upright freezer. Stuff gets lost in ours... Both the in the fridge and big one downstairs. :BangHead:

Nice work there!
Might have to redo handles. Already got some chips. F'n Rustoleum -just doesn't adhere good. Should have sanded them first. Mae bought this 2X stuff. I would have got Krylon. Have had much better results...

All that Coyote talk made me look at the Ford Coyote :eek:. Doesn't exactly look like the compact lil Windsors I am used to seeing:lol:. Them furry Coyotes are just a part of life in SoCal. Outdoor cats in this neighborhood are just mid-day coyote snacks. It was fun chasing them at the rock farm with the equipment View attachment 1715737212 :rofl:
Jeez, our coyote out here are the snacks for the cats. I saw one and I thought it was a Chihuahua. tiny little things up here.

Buddy told his mother he was going to booster lake to do some fishing. She said “Wear the fox hat”:lol:

-
Back