Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
eye.jpeg

Well, 75% exhausted!
Right side complete,left side from manni fold to muffler is welded and cooling. So stop for coffee. Only had 2 small fires to put out. Im excited! Think its going to be a little loud though.

In for break. Not very hot, but plenty humid. Chipper clogged twice. I should have known better to feed it stuff that was laying from a couple weeks ago. A little wet and had English Ivy vines in it. :BangHead:

The news video I watched said as soon as the guy started welding. Gas buildup from somewhere.

The news video I watched said as soon as the guy started welding. Gas buildup from somewhere.
Yep. Gas had to be accumulated in the tank to lift like that. Assuming he was welding above the water line to flash it off.

Last edited:
Yep. Gas had to be accumulated in the tank to lift like that. Assuming he was welding above the water line to flash it off.
This will not turn out well, welding in a confined space requires a lot of documentation. Four gas meter is paramount and required. The investigation will be ugly. There is a lot of preparation and things you need to do. This is just terrible to see, much less the soon to be finger pointing.

Well, 100% exhausted. I like how it sounds too. Working on shifter. It’s the cheapest one on the internet i think. One detent for park. Lever through floor and a rod. I don’t care. If i hate it,i will modify my old e-brake lever to work as a shifter. Beats shifting with a pry bar.

Well, 100% exhausted. I like how it sounds too. Working on shifter. It’s the cheapest one on the internet i think. One detent for park. Lever through floor and a rod. I don’t care. If i hate it,i will modify my old e-brake lever to work as a shifter. Beats shifting with a pry bar.

I used an E Brake handle from a Corvair as the shifter in my hot rod. I like the shape of it.

I used an E Brake handle from a Corvair as the shifter in my hot rod. I like the shape of it.
That mr g shifter has to be the hokiest one on the market.
I just am running out of time to get it back on the road. Long weekend is a week away,and im under orders to have it back on the road.

My custom transmission cross member conflicts with the speedo cable. Well, not any more.
Fun fact: the speedo cable in my 51 Fargo fits a ‘79 727…

Kickin *** and takin names!!
Thats what my day has been. Wish i could keep going, but i think i just ran out of steam.

-
Back