Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Figured out why i hit the wall. 07:00 in shop,went all day until 3:00 or so. No food. I hope to go back out later.

That mr g shifter has to be the hokiest one on the market.
I just am running out of time to get it back on the road. Long weekend is a week away,and im under orders to have it back on the road.

I adapted mine to a Hurst shifter of some sort that was laying around. Done is done, little stuff like this is easily done another day if needed.

Where the hell is everybody????

The coffee thread is on page 3....

empty-cup-2-1522899.jpg

Fine. I will check in. Been at it for another couple hours. thermoquad lean. Idle screws out 4 turns and any more makes no difference. Close choke plate and it perks right up. No vacuum leaks. Battled with removing egr valve and i think i found it. It leaks. Cut it up, welded ports shut and as soon as it cools off im going to make a gasket and see if its any better.

Idle screws in 2-1/2 turns now. Think i has a couple fouled plugses..

Frank, on the TQ, are the O rings under the bowls and bottom plate in good condition and centered to get a good seal? That will make them run fat.

Frank, on the TQ, are the O rings under the bowls and bottom plate in good condition and centered to get a good seal? That will make them run fat.
New. Cleaned it, blew out all passages and re- assembled it. Three times. Forgot the o rings first time then one of the linkages the second.

Hey All. I been home for maybe an hour. Gunner is still humping my leg... Guess he's happy to see me...:rofl:

My work truck (GMC Sierra) transmission had been acting up, mobile tech reset a code and said drive it. I got another check engine light within 2 hours, this was on Monday. Died in the last mile but I was able to limp it up the hill, not fast mind you lol! So....tow truck will be here when our Fleet opens and I'll grab a beater Colorado that's parked at my service center. Only 100K on the Sierra, prolly had my foot into the gas too much with it.....

Regardless what they say Hoppie you will probably get rain today. We are going to Hershey Park

-
Back