Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
A lot of people said you could sneak the rear brake line back forward past the fuel tank. I think not. Tried for a while. Tomorrow I'll pull the tank. This Truck is a Rusty Mess !!! :mob::mob:
Callin me a liar? If its a pre bent line, probably not going to flow through like straight brake line.

This is the final images for our event shirts. Mikee likee! Thanks Ddaddy for the Swinger image. That made it.

View attachment 1715769731

received_2620408708261543.jpeg

received_346055040433712.jpeg

Callin me a liar? If its a pre bent line, probably not going to flow through like straight brake line.
No not at all. I pulled the original line out the rear. Thought I could sneak the new one in, but gave up. Even tried to use an electrical fish tape. Think I can drop the tank just a few inches to gain access. Only has 1/4 full, and I'll use my transmission lift. Was just trying to save some time. This thing is a rusty mess for sure. Wouldn't normally do this, but he's a friend.....

No not at all. I pulled the original line out the rear. Thought I could sneak the new one in, but gave up. Even tried to use an electrical fish tape. Think I can drop the tank just a few inches to gain access. Only has 1/4 full, and I'll use my transmission lift. Was just trying to save some time. This thing is a rusty mess for sure. Wouldn't normally do this, but he's a friend.....
@krazykuda

Howdy all! Fresh junkyard find. 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner with factory lightweight transparent aluminum quarter panels! :p
Also on the list is ocean front property in Arizona. :rofl:
I know I'm insane but its solid underneath. Bad news is that someone stole the hood hinges and latch area. Guy I got it from is on the guys trail and I should get it back. Previous owner wants some fastback parts I have.View attachment 1715769272
Looks typical of those around the southwest

20210722_175759.jpg

Question for the gun guys here.
I have an old worn pistol grip shifter chrome is gone and I have some modifying to do on it to work in my Valiant.
I am thinking blueng. Not concerend about original , as nothing on, or in this car is.
Any suggestions for the best kit to buy.

Ya, they arent easy. There is enough slack in the lines, drop the filler neck at the gas door, as there is no slack in filler hose at all. The bolts through the straps may give you some grief.

I have an old worn pistol grip shifter chrome is gone and I have some modifying to do on it to work in my Valiant.
I am thinking blueng. Not concerend about original , as nothing on, or in this car is.
I tried gun blueing on some bare steel. Works great. A couple applications is best. Then wax or something. I gave it a wipe with silicone grease and it shined right up.wipe off excess grease and you are done.

Hood even closes. But the power brake booster hits valve cover....ill figure out something...

Last edited:
I’ve never tried it.

Moved over,can it be tilted up? Not sure what else can be done

I Made a adapter for the booster, raising it as far as it would go. Still hits. Might have to remove aluminum fin on that valve cover....Or.......
Hmm I wonder if a hydro boost would clear? It’s much smaller. You have power steering?

I Made a adapter for the booster, raising it as far as it would go. Still hits. Might have to remove aluminum fin on that valve cover....Or.......
Them are too nice of valve covers to do that too

One little snag opens a huge can of worms. If i didnt drop engine in fargo for steering box to starter clearance, i would have enough room for mechanical fan.

-
Back