Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Or even this
28009101104.jpg

Yea I know RWD, BUT all cars should be RWD!! Or RWD, AWD.

You must have not been holding your mouth just right lol! I've had those, clutch job on front wheel drive SOB. Sometimes I wonder if I should get a tranny jack.
I have a Transmission jack from harbor freight, they work but they have a lot of slop and not very accurate.

The higher you jack it up the the more the Transmission can sway to one side or the other.

Even with a trans jack you still have to wrestle it but the jack holds the bulk of the weight which is nice.

The downside of the jack is you have to lift the vehicle MEGA high if you want to roll the jack under it with the transmission on it. If not then you have try to lift the trans onto the jack while laying on the floor which damn sure isn't happening.

The transmission jacks help but are not the end all problems solution

Whenever I had to drive through LA on a Sunday, you could bet it was timed to Listen to Dr Demento on The Mighty Met KMET :rofl:

I used to tape some of the shows off of WLUP in Chicago back in the early to mid 80's... I remember he had a show dedicated to beer songs... I don't have the tape anymore, but there were some good ones...

We were talking in a local history group about growing up listening to AM radio.
I remember on a clear summer night listening to a station in Chicago.
Those were the simple days...Rock n Roll

That must have been AM 89 WLS.... That was our go to station before we discovered FM....

I was talking to Mr. Norm at a car show and he was telling me that he used to advertise on WLS at night because they broadcasted from the Sears Tower... They were not allowed to run full power during the day (regulations), but at night (after midnight I believe) they were allowed to run their broadcasting towers on full blast and his advertisements could be heard from the east coast to the west coast on clear nights... He intentionally did that to get the maximum audience for his advertising...

Smart man... Advertise on a radio station that broadcasted from the tallest building in the world when the power was turned on full blast....

I listened to him first on a Radio Shack hobby crystal radio set I built as a kid. I had a wire antenna but it wouldn't quite pull the signal in (AM I'm sure) so I held it onto my metal bed frame and listened until I fell asleep.

I had one of those Radio Shack crystal radio sets also when I was a kid... :thumbsup:

I had one of those Radio Shack crystal radio sets also when I was a kid... :thumbsup:
I did too when I was in Jr. High. Mine weren't new, but hand me downs. I think they were from the 90s or something ancient like that.

I had the build an AM/fM radio and the multi Project kit where you could 101 things.

Why don't they have stuff like that anymore, then they wonder why kids today are a bunch of assholes.

I have a Transmission jack from harbor freight, they work but they have a lot of slop and not very accurate.

The higher you jack it up the the more the Transmission can sway to one side or the other.

Even with a trans jack you still have to wrestle it but the jack holds the bulk of the weight which is nice.

The downside of the jack is you have to lift the vehicle MEGA high if you want to roll the jack under it with the transmission on it. If not then you have try to lift the trans onto the jack while laying on the floor which damn sure isn't happening.

The transmission jacks help but are not the end all problems solution
I try not to lift anything heavier then my pants to my waist.
Especially if my wallet is in them.:poke:

Buying and selling is so different than it used to be. In the old days you would run into a prick every now and agin but now it is rare to run into a man of his word. I am tired of waiting for people to show up. ANd it makes it hard to buy. Sellers are tired of worthless emails asking questions and not showing up.

Yep, there's a bunch of pricks out there....

You Prick.jpg

That must have been AM 89 WLS.... That was our go to station before we discovered FM....

I was talking to Mr. Norm at a car show and he was telling me that he used to advertise on WLS at night because they broadcasted from the Sears Tower... They were not allowed to run full power during the day (regulations), but at night (after midnight I believe) they were allowed to run their broadcasting towers on full blast and his advertisements could be heard from the east coast to the west coast on clear nights... He intentionally did that to get the maximum audience for his advertising...

Smart man... Advertise on a radio station that broadcasted from the tallest building in the world when the power was turned on full blast....
I was listening to WLS when the DJ was Bob Serot(sp?) when I was a wee pup and in my infinite wisdom I spouted off to my Dad something I had heard the DJ say. Being young I had no idea what it even meant but I knew it was funny. My Dad blistered me for my language! Beat the living snot out of me.

I was listening to WLS when the DJ was Bob Serot(sp?) when I was a wee pup and in my infinite wisdom I spouted off to my Dad something I had heard the DJ say. Being young I had no idea what it even meant but I knew it was funny. My Dad blistered me for my language! Beat the living snot out of me.

I remember Bob (I think is was spelled Sarat)...

Then their morning DJ's Larry Lujack and Tommy Edwards.... Or as Larry used to say, "Uncle Lar and Snot Nosed Tommy"....

They used to have a dig on their show called "animal stories" where they would tell funny or strange stories about animals... :lol:

-
Back