Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So I got to do some pistol training with some Rangers attached to this mission. An interesting and challenging drill I wanna try again.

You fire your pistol, mag drop, change mag and then a ranger dumps a bottle of pancake syrup on your weapon and hands, you fire the mag, then try to do a mag change with syrup on your hands

Little blood and guts drill... or a Canadian reload??? :rolleyes:

So I got to do some pistol training with some Rangers attached to this mission. An interesting and challenging drill I wanna try again.

You fire your pistol, mag drop, change mag and then a ranger dumps a bottle of pancake syrup on your weapon and hands, you fire the mag, then try to do a mag change with syrup on your hands

Just in case you have to defend yourself at Golden Corale during breakfast? :wtf:

Yep it should be electronic with a dual ballast resistor. A lot could have changed in almost 50 years.
Speaking of YEARS, I was just clicking thru some of our regulars here, looking at when they first joined, you have me beat for the longest time as a member of the fabo forum! I even predate Karl!

Speaking of YEARS, I was just clicking thru some of our regulars here, looking at when they first joined, you have me beat for the longest time as a member of the fabo forum! I even predate Karl!
Adam was a founder.
upload_2021-10-17_19-21-24.png

Spending the day with those Rangers made me really regret my military career choices :rofl:

Just tell em YOU lead the way follow me. Honking Rangers. On serious note we worked with them on a somewhat regular basis. Pretty good bunch of guys.

There was a shooting in a local mall today. Park City Center, Lancaster. Sound like a couple guys got into it and others just got in the way. Said no life threatening injuries and 2 in custody.

There was a shooting in a local mall today. Park City Center, Lancaster. Sound like a couple guys got into it and others just got in the way. Said no life threatening injuries and 2 in custody.
Geez what is this world coming too?! You see that story about the Pa lady that got raped for like 45 minutes on an Amtrak train while bystanders just stood around watching before finally some decided to call the cops?!

I’m crazy but not that crazy
Our boy used to drunk dial us at all hours of the night with his buddies, they are 82nd. Finally one night after listening to all I could I asked how many of them had a Rangers Tab? Our boy knowing my military pedigree was silent. I told them to STFU till one of them got a Ranger Tab and not to call me no more in the middle of the night. Young men being young men.

Spending the day with those Rangers made me really regret my military career choices :rofl:

Story time

Our Company went to one of the Training areas in Germany. As Teams went through iterations we had to take turns running a comm relay for range safety.

I'm up on the high ground with my radios set up and a jungle hammock kicked back in t-shirt and PC.

Bunch of dudes roll up the hill in a HMMWV and pile out in full battle rattle and start setting up some radios and optics. I wandered over to say hey and let them know I was over in the woodline. Turns out they were FOs for a mortar platoon.

So we start shooting the breeze and as we're talking chin straps are unbuckled, LBEs go to John Wayne mode. Flak vests get unsnapped.

Few moments later another HMMWV bombs up and the LT jumps out blazing about them being out of uniform. He turns to me and just glares. I smile, and wander back over to my hammock.

Best in-service recruiting tool in the world is an SF guy just doing his thing. :lol:

Story time

Our Company went to one of the Training areas in Germany. As Teams went through iterations we had to take turns running a comm relay for range safety.

I'm up on the high ground with my radios set up and a jungle hammock kicked back in t-shirt and PC.

Bunch of dudes roll up the hill in a HMMWV and pile out in full battle rattle and start setting up some radios and optics. I wandered over to say hey and let them know I was over in the woodline. Turns out they were FOs for a mortar platoon.

So we start shooting the breeze and as we're talking chin straps are unbuckled, LBEs go to John Wayne mode. Flak vests get unsnapped.

Few moments later another HMMWV bombs up and the LT jumps out blazing about them being out of uniform. He turns to me and just glares. I smile, and wander back over to my hammock.

Best in-service recruiting tool in the world is an SF guy just doing his thing. :lol:
FOs get no respect, and yet we simply can’t do without them!

Evening all, nice day here today, did some honey do’s, then on to some prairie dog mitigation.

-
Back