Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yup.. Just back from going through the thread. Thanks for the link That's amazing work. Love the rebuilds. Something that I really enjoyed seeing cruising around south-central PA were the antique tractors displayed out in front of the houses.
I just wish he’d gotten to drive it at least once after its restoration. We didn’t get the starter in until April 7th he died April 6th.

Oh, ABSOLUTELY.. :lol:

I actually had a '48 flat-fender with the original 4 cyl in it. I was a teenager running gumbo mudders on it when the engine grenaded. Got more for the tires and wheels than I did for the rest of the Jeep.

A co-worker when I was a teen, his dad had a flat fender and Tommy brought it to the station one summer morning. We put it up on the lift and greased it up. After our shift "Let's go for a ride" Tommy says. Out into the Mighty Mojave we go :lol:. Cruisin' on this narrowass rocky dirt road "Watch this!". He puts the transfer case in low and the trans in 1, side steps the clutch at idle, gets out of the seat and walks next to the jeep steering with his right hand :rofl:. ":wtf: are you doing out there? Get your *** back in here!" :eek:

A co-worker when I was a teen, his dad had a flat fender and Tommy brought it to the station one summer morning. We put it up on the lift and greased it up. After our shift "Let's go for a ride" Tommy says. Out into the Mighty Mojave we go :lol:. Cruisin' on this narrowass rocky dirt road "Watch this!". He puts the transfer case in low and the trans in 1, side steps the clutch at idle, gets out of the seat and walks next to the jeep steering with his right hand :rofl:. ":wtf: are you doing out there? Get your *** back in here!" :eek:

Yup... I was issued a ticket for "reckless display " showing people how I could get all four tires off the ground popping the clutch in that granny low gear. Haha

We are pouring a dab of concrete today, a mere 1,900,000 pounds of it to be exact. Pad is just over three ft thick. Gonna a be yet another loooong day.

0595FDF9-5EB8-4536-BBD2-0DD694C9DCF2.jpeg

C0AE7C6F-6F58-41D0-9B06-9DC6AB70044B.jpeg

2F209A1F-E813-4C17-AFA6-61A726454D4B.jpeg

Yep it is turning to crap up here, concrete in the snow. They have sensors in monitoring the temp of the concrete.

When I was an apprentice concrete plant operator there was another in my class doing the same thing in the Mountains of SoCal 7000' worth anyway. He liked the snow and so did the crews he worked with. If it just rained it usually got too muddy to pour :lol:. If it snowed it was just shovel it outa the way and go on about pouring concrete :rofl:. I usually wound up monitoring the temp on the high side, too warm it gets rejected. Tends to go off like a bomb when it gets much over 75°. Finishers no likee :rofl:.

Got my baseboard heaters back together and washed the CX-30 and Duster. Only sucky thing was Cinnamon refused to start. Even gave a shot of start juice and got nothing. So assuming no spark.:BangHead: Debating if I get a new cover. Paint is already about shot, but probably do a bunch of fixes and buff it up next spring/summer. Cover was mostly to keep carpet dry though. Pretty sure the only way to stop that is new door seals. These Metros aint workin. :(

Wacky Wednesday. Took 66 dart for a text drive. Shifts nice. Down the street. It cuts out It does come back on. So turn around. Dies. Coast to side. Starts again. Goes a while further. Dies again. Investigate. Ignition module seems to be the problem. Cools off starts again. Coasts to the bottom of my drive. Will not restart. So walk up driveway. Hook up trailer to truck. Just unhooked it. Checked winch. Batteies dead. Wth. Put charger on. Going to drive my car down to lock up dart. Flat tire. Son of a..

-
Back