Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
C1 Keiters Farm equipment here might have used parts if needed. They are fair on them from what I know, never had to buy anything for a combine though.
Thanks. Right now, local dealer has had most of the parts in stock. John Deere being John Deere, most of their parts are interchangeable between models going back 50 years

Chris in all seriousness, How much does say a acre of feed corn produce and what does it sell for? Just curious.

I have a small tractor and Rarely buy from JD but some things you have no choice. Freaking filters are a rip off there for sure, but hyd oil is cheap?
I wonder if the hydraulic oil is Northland? That's what they use in the big tractors built here but I don't know if they bottle it for retail sales. Their paint is stellar!

No Idea. I do know they banned 303 fluid that I use in the mopar transmissions, wish I knew before the did would have bought a few pails.

Morning again....Around here the beans are not drying so maybe your bean crop plugged her up! Right Karl?

Chris in all seriousness, How much does say a acre of feed corn produce and what does it sell for? Just curious.
Corn is $5.57 this morning and average corn yield is 175 bushels. Most of the farmers here are getting 200-250 bu/a.

Depends on the set up. There’s two main planting options.

Narrow row(30 inch)
Or
Wide row. (38 inch)

wide row is the older technique that most equipment up until the late 80s early 90s are set up for. This is what my grandfather always used until he stopped farming a decade ago. This combined with other factors usually saw yields in the 120-140 bushel range.

Narrow is what we switched to last year. Narrow row requires more fertilizer and is more prone to effects of drought. But the yield ranges from 175 bushels to 300 per acre depending on all the factors and seed types. We averaged 192 bushel per acre this year. But we didn’t fertilize but once and that still cost 30k. and the long period without rain hurt us a bit.

corn hit 5.87 per bushel when we were selling it direct to the elevator last month. That’s assuming a moisture content less than 12 percent. We were in the 14-15 percent range, so about a 15- 25 cent hit per bushel. So call it about 1100 per acre for corn.

our beans did not do well this year AT all. Last year we got 68-72 bushell an acre. For beans, 50-65 is considered a great year. This year though, we only got 48 per acre. Beans selling right now at 11.62. We got that as our beans were under the 13.8 percent moisture limit before they tack on the fee.

And guess what.....We got that back in 1972 when I left the family farm
Here's 2020. Must be some rich soil in Washington and Oregon. I need to look and see how much they produce compared to other states.

State_YieldRanks_corn_2020.png

Morning again....Around here the beans are not drying so maybe your bean crop plugged her up! Right Karl?
We are dry. Beans are considered “dry” to run at 16 percent. However, they charge a fee for anything over 13.8 percent. We’re at 12.3-12.6

-
Back