Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I burn yellow as that was what was available. I burned up lots of makitas to know i wanted something different. And all my yellow batteries still work. Good enough for me.
My buddies all had the older red stuff, and in very short order they needed new batteries. Times have changed, batteries have improved. I sticking with what works.
We (MAC Tools) started selling Makita then switched to some off shore POS. Stanley (our parent company) bought Dewalt and away we went. The MAC branded cordless are made by Dewalt but to MAC'S design specs. (More automotive related)

I am looking at my large 220 volt air compressor at new shop and contemplating not hard wiring it in as I normally do. I have not used it in six plus years as a result of the evolution of battery tools. Like most I love being cordless. I am just going to put a plug on it and not tie up a 220 breaker. I plug it in if I need it, with the torque the new 1/2 impacts have it has negated the need for me of air. I have not purchased a air tool in a long time. But I love having it as a back up. I just don’t need air anymore for my work load at home, still use it at plant tho.only down side is the storage of the battery tools is clunky.
I still use my 1/2” air impact for most of the wheels. Run the dewalt on a goodn tight wheel nut and watch the filings pour out of the socket. Like a pepper shaker. Beats the crap out of the nut and socket.

Only time I really use my compressor is for the blast cabinet, which is pretty much every day. Last time for A TOOL ON IT? Prob spring with a needle scaller.

Son showed up with 4 big tires to swap. I lifted a couple and leg is now really hurting. Wish it would get better.

Son showed up with 4 big tires to swap. I lifted a couple and leg is now really hurting. Wish it would get better.

Take it easy on your leg...

If you can't lift it, how are you going to pee????

Leg.jpg

Good Morning Everyone. I hope all is well. Did my up north trip, only saw deer the night before opening, only heard a few shots in the distance. Oh, well, was a nice weekend, back to work for 3 days. My boy is back for the week so it will be nice to see him and have Thanksgiving at Dad's with him along too.

My younger son's best friend's grandma died last week so he drove to Detroit today to attend the wake and funeral today and tomorrow...

Luckily he's going to stop by here for a few days before going back to NC for school next week...

(So would we call that a "loss-win"???) Sorry for the family's loss, but I get to see my son...

Happy Monday morning to you all.
Here is a pic from our deck of the property we bought.
We get a portion of the woods to the right and left all the way to the road.
To the right along the tree line is a small creek.
A vast majority of the lot is the meadow.
Buying this was a no brainer.
No, the dirt movers don’t go with it.

View attachment 1715824042

You gotta love a creek... :thumbsup:

I used to play in the one here when I was a kid visiting my grandma... My son's played in it when they were young and visiting my dad... :D

You gotta love a creek... :thumbsup:

I used to play in the one here when I was a kid visiting my grandma... My son's played in it when they were young and visiting my dad... :D
The kids found a cache of firearms by the creek behind my in-laws place.

sorry in advance @toolmanmike if it turns political, but this has to be shared. I can't believe this person. How can someone say this?? What a horrible person, and an Illinois Democrat.

View attachment 1715824044

He claims that he was running away from a knife fight... :wtf:

If you drove a block away or more, then there is no more threat... Besides, an SUV beats a knife any time... Driving into a crowd does not make since if he was away from the "domestic violence" scene....

The reports today say that there were police cars as barriers to block any terrorist attacks and he drove around/thru them...

He's going to be charge with 5 counts of manslaughter, but what about the 46 other injured people??? How can you kill 5 people and run over 46 others "by accident"????

Why didn't he stop at the police car barrier, go to the police and ask for help????

Something is fishy with the story...

And yes, sorry if this is getting too political, delete if you need to...

They are still calling him a suspect. Nothing being talked about as to an accident or malicious. However, that said, somewhere on Twitbookface, it was said the driver has multiple warrants and released within days of this on $1,000 bond for something - consider the source for that - I don't know for sure.

Maybe he was the source/cause/instigator of the "domestic violence" that he was running from... "Person of interest, or even suspect"....

And now for something completely different.
So I am at my local Acme tool counter purchasing a couple Dewalt cordless impacts for my guys when the girl behind the counter starts busting my balls for buying yellow instead of Red. I am thinking who are you, and why do you care, you sell both here. Turns out she is actually the local Milwaukee Rep. she was just wearing a similar shirt to Acme guys. Long story short I challenged her to come into our plant and convince my guys why we want Red instead of Yellow. I got a dozen or so Wily E Coyote mechanics that would love to entertain her! I explained if she wanted a harsh environment for testing you can’t do any worse than a salt plant. Tools are consumable items here. She shows up today at one with her little bouncy self. This will be a hoot.

Send her over here when you guys are done with her... :D

-
Back