Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I wish it was me. And I would share. Unfortunately I forgot they draw on Wednesdays. With the wind and snow, getting some shipping quotes, etc, it was good to just be home without more stops. Lucky for whomever won though. Good morning all.
what are you shipping?

Good Morning All! Sure you're all sick of my FedEx string but sometimes I just can't believe stuff. Last night at 5 the doorbell rings, it's FedEx who's left a package and he's walking back to his truck. I look at it, could it be my stylus that is many many days late???? Nope, package for the neighbor, I called him back over and gave it to him, try again. I asked him about it tho, he said they were very backed up due to the snow (think this area comes to a screeching halt) and that he had "tried the hill" the other day and wish he hadn't (I'll give him that, it's a ****).

Good Morning All! Sure you're all sick of my FedEx string but sometimes I just can't believe stuff. Last night at 5 the doorbell rings, it's FedEx who's left a package and he's walking back to his truck. I look at it, could it be my stylus that is many many days late???? Nope, package for the neighbor, I called him back over and gave it to him, try again. I asked him about it tho, he said they were very backed up due to the snow (think this area comes to a screeching halt) and that he had "tried the hill" the other day and wish he hadn't (I'll give him that, it's a ****).
I got a package in CT that's had a label printed and sitting for the past three days. Come on :mad:

Oh, so a neighbour bought a hoist and was having some problems getting it sorted out/adjusted. Asked if i could drop in. Its a drive on, open front type. Very nice hoist. Had the locks way out of adjustment and couldnt get it level. And would bind when lowering. I adjusted cables for level, and matched the safety locks. Turns out the binding was due to no weight on the deck. I climbed onto hoist and all it took was 200 lbs to make it work.

it was set up for alignments, and he didnt want the slip plates and gave them to me. They were rough,but an hour well spent to clean them up and they will work for my needs. Guess i should mention to him that if he decides to sell it, i call dibs. 10 foot ceiling isnt the best for a hoist.

I didn't buy any tickets.
I ran out and bought all the Milk, Bread, and eggs I could find.
Because that's what folks here do every time they predict snow.
:realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy:
I have a friend Who owns a bodega. Small corner store he asked me to grab what I could for him. I bet he calls this morning I to tell me he needs more.

Did my weekly shopping last night, late. Local stores haven't recovered since Thanksgiving and the latest snow(s) and threats of snow have added to that.

What made me laugh was the dichotomy of these two aisles. Who has supply chain issues? :lol:

20220105_213859.jpg

20220105_214445.jpg

That all sucks and the timing of this last snow couldn't have been worse, started on Christmas Day and hasn't left. Just looked, we have 1-2 inches new last night.

Geeze now they're talking Flurona. I did get a Corona booster in one arm and flu shot in other same time so.....?

Back reading, @MOPARMITCH , did I read right, did gunner pass away ? It was tough on me (very tough) when Buddy passed. My condolences sir.

No snow here yet, but they say it is coming and there are school closings this morning here.
Good morning men.
Its cold outside..lol

Screenshot_20220105-125640_Messages.jpg

Back reading, @MOPARMITCH , did I read right, did gunner pass away ? It was tough on me (very tough) when Buddy passed. My condolences sir.

No snow here yet, but they say it is coming and there are school closings this morning here.
Good morning men.
Its cold outside..lol

View attachment 1715848203

I read something, didn't think he passed but he had to hand Gunner over to family? Not sure.

Thank you guys much !
Hope his trip and his quarantine goes fast for him, thats a long flight I bet, that old guy has an energizer battery in him.

Good morning men.
Its cold outside..lol

View attachment 1715848203
No, Praise the Lord, he didnt pass. I needed some place for him to go in my absence. My oldest Son Mitch Jr took him yesterday at noon. Funny how when they are gone, you are still looking for them every few minutes, and checking to make sure you dont step on him, cause he's always so close. And of course Im still talking to him like he is here. Yesterday, two hours after he left, I was sitting in the shop and I swear I heard his bark to come back in from outside.....:(:(:(:(

Last edited:
No snow yet here but that may change soon, plenty of cold rain
The dampness is what gets me as it does to most older folks
Working on the water front for most of my working life didnt help either

No snow yet here but that may change soon, plenty of cold rain
The dampness is what gets me as it does to most older folks
Working on the water front for most of my working life didnt help either

Gotta keep moving... :thumbsup:

Northeast weather does beat you down though

No, Paise the Lord, he didnt pass. I needed some place for him to go in my absence. My oldest Son Mitch Jr took him yesterday at noon. Funny how when they are gone, you are still looking for them every few minutes, and checking to make sure you dont step on him, cause he's always so close. And of course Im still talking to him like he is here. Yesterday, two hours after he left, I was sitting in the shop and I swear I heard his bark to come back in from outside.....:(:(:(:(
For a year. I still miss my lab. Told the wife i want another dog.

Thank you guys much !
Hope his trip and his quarantine goes fast for him, thats a long flight I bet, that old guy has an energizer battery in him.
Only have to quarantine for three days this time. As long as I stay negative when I arrive there. Being very careful to stay away from people now...

When Harley goes I will be a wreck I am sure. I am way to close to my shadow. Best dog I have ever had.

-
Back