Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have a Fisher 800C, pretty old, pretty smooth. Klipschorn speakers will sound kinda harsh if you play anything but analog vinyl thru tubes on them.

@71340Duster Have you heard about Critesspeakers.com He makes titanium diaphragms for Klipsch tweeters and midrange speakers, takes the harshness out that Klipsch is known for, changed them out on my KG-4's and they sound better than ever. He also makes crossover kits.

Hello. I have read about the Bob Crite's upgrade kits, read mostly positive reviews. Right now I'd call the sound "lively" but that's mostly the fairly bare walls and concrete floor. Were your parts a direct replacement, I've heard there's a mod needed for some of the midrange or tweeters with the Khorns.

My recently retired friend asked me what day it was. Hes losing track.Hes been driving truck for a couple guys, but in this cold they are parked and hes bored.

Lots of work this week. From oil leak to parasitic draw,and a valve spring or two to fix.

I have a friend who used to deliver cars all around the country. He said similar. That the state of New York is beautiful. NYC he said was the number one biggest shithole he'd ever seen in his life.
Your friend is ignorant. Its a tough place to live at times, and as the lyrics of a famous song go, "if you can make it here (NYC) you can make it anywhere
The city hosts something like 50 million tourist's a year ( post pandemic) The crime rate for a city this size is one of the lowest in the world thanks to then NYPD
There was a reason why immigrants came and still come here and thats the opportunity to make a living
When someone says "the city" that means to us they are referring to Manhattan and not the outer boroughs which make up NYC. Manhattan is to expensive to live in unless you live in rent controlled or public housing and im not a apartment type
Manhattan has some of the nations best schools and more importantly to me the countries best medical facilities. My wife has been being treated for close to eleven years now at Memorial Sloan hospital for cancer. One of the worlds leading hospitals for cancer, without the staff and that hospital she would not be alive. I made a good living here, I hustled my rear end off and it paid dividends
I encourage every American at least one time in their lives to visit the site of the attack on our nation on 9/11. To read about it is one thing, to visit and walk around the now park, visit the 9/11 museum and the Freedom towers is another

Morning all .
In keep with my New Years Resolutions
I posted in the Blue Room instead of here.
Gee I guess my choices don't meet the standards in there.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Everything has a thin glaze of ice on it this morning. Received notice from FedEx that a part was on the truck for delivery. I'm hoping they don't come out today.

Steve totally agree with you. I grew up on LI and so did the wife. Moved and we were everywher for most of my Vareer then moved back to LI for a few years. It is still missed by us in ways. Especially the food. Nothing even close to it here.

The garage is small but very well insulated, the electric 5600BTU electric heater I was using was a cheap unit and very noisy.
Now that its gotten cold out, I realise its not putting out heat like it use do so I went for a 7500 heater and what looks like a better unit
Bought it off Amazon as I cant find what I want locally, good part was I had some credits built up and it cost me a hundred dollars
Should be a improvement I hope

Hello. I have read about the Bob Crite's upgrade kits, read mostly positive reviews. Right now I'd call the sound "lively" but that's mostly the fairly bare walls and concrete floor. Were your parts a direct replacement, I've heard there's a mod needed for some of the midrange or tweeters with the Khorns.
Yes, bare walls and especially concrete floors are no help, need some throw rugs placed around to help absorb some the reflected highs and mids. Once you get the room sorted out you can decide whether you want to take the edge off the highs.

Last edited:
Yes, bare walls and especially concrete floors are no help, need some throw rugs placed around to help absorb some the reflected highs and mids. Once you get the room sorted out you can decide whether you want to the edge off the highs.

Thanks, the wife made me some Mopar curtains and I do have a pair of low profile rugs on the "non lift" bay, it helps. I know I have reflection problems, the sound better if both doors are open, but not to the neighbors lol!

Think i will go out for brekkie, wont be long, and there is going to be another lockdown i think. Or this bs is going to flip. Im so confused, over 3,000 cases and very few restrictions. A year ago,1000 cases and we were all stuck at home. I guess it has to do with serious illness in the hospitals.

mother in laws care home is locked up.
One worker that works 2 jobs brought covid into the home. Another round of tests for every resident. I hope it doesent run through the place.

Thanks, the wife made me some Mopar curtains and I do have a pair of low profile rugs on the "non lift" bay, it helps. I know I have reflection problems, the sound better if both doors are open, but not to the neighbors lol!
I am lucky, neighbours dont hear much if the shop door is open. No matter how loud it is.

Well happy Sunday! After a day of being tossed around like a rag doll in the cab of my loader clearing snow off the rail tracks I look forward to a quiet day and a hot tub. I did score a beautiful coyote pelt hat complete with feet yesterday. A guy was selling it for cash. I came home wearing it Jodi just shook her head and Hemi tried to eat it. We about got in a death match for possession.

Everything has a thin glaze of ice on it this morning. Received notice from FedEx that a part was on the truck for delivery. I'm hoping they don't come out today.[/QUOTE

Supposed to hit here in about an hour.
I held off my Sunday food shopping because they Said last night around 4 am
Guess I will just go tomorrow.

Steve totally agree with you. I grew up on LI and so did the wife. Moved and we were everywher for most of my Vareer then moved back to LI for a few years. It is still missed by us in ways. Especially the food. Nothing even close to it here.

I don't know. Aunt Bee usually cooks some good grub at the places you've taken me.

I don't know. Aunt Bee usually cooks some good grub at the places you've taken me.
Yes in PA style. Every place has good food, Just NY food tastes different. Great example is what we had for Xmas. You cannot find Italian any where near that here with the spice flavor. Pzza and bagels also are way better in NY at least to us.

Yes in PA style. Every place has good food, Just NY food tastes different. Great example is what we had for Xmas. You cannot find Italian any where near that here with the spice flavor.
I have to Agree with that . Your Wife sure did a great job .
I rarely go for seconds anymore.
I should have tried that lamb I was offered t It looked really good.

-
Back