Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hoping for a more interesting day at work today (if that's possible). Yesterday watched generator techs change a water pump, took all day as it leaked when they fired it up. Not the pump seals but rather a cap on an old outlet of the radiator. So that was a parts run down the mountain into Anacortes. At least it's fixed now. Have a Great Day All!
I love Anacortes! I worked with Trident for a long time so would bounce between there and Dutch Harbor. Every now and then we would hideout in LaConner.(sp?)

Well, that fricken snowblower breaks shear pins. Dunno why.
Is damn cold too. Jacket is soaked, carharts soaked.tractors without cabs should be outlawed. View attachment 1715855475
Could be worse, I stuck a rail car today. Took three of us, a rail tug my loader and a lot of shoveling to get it moved. I snapped a log chain, the hook flew by my cab at about Mach 6. In a show of total and complete bravery and courage for my men I threw my arms up, closed my eyes, and screamed like a girl!

B7DF46C2-56CF-451A-B429-4FA47EF53C62.jpeg

Plow truck only got stuck 2x.
Blade rides up and snags on hard pack. After frrreeezing my *** off i decided plow truck was betterer.
Buddy didnt want to pick up tractor yet. Thats fine.
Turns out im a little rough on the clutch, i think thats what broke the shear pins.
We spent from 1030:this morning till 5:30 laying under rail cars and digging out. I stuck the loader twice, I think my feet are on edge of frost bite. They are still cold. -10F plus wind. Not a fun day.

Could be worse, I stuck a rail car today. Took three of us, a rail tug my loader and a lot of shoveling to get it moved. I snapped a log chain, the hook flew by my cab at about Mach 6. In a show of total and complete bravery and courage for my men I threw my arms up, closed my eyes, and screamed like a girl!

View attachment 1715855738
Them flying hooks are lethal.

We spent from 1030:this morning till 5:30 laying under rail cars and digging out. I stuck the loader twice, I think my feet are on edge of frost bite. They are still cold. -10F plus wind. Not a fun day.
Worse tomorrow. -32 with no wind. I just started my truck. Its stupid to plug it in when shop is empty and 60 degrees f

Evening, John watch that frost bite stuff, ain’t worth it. Cold here tonight, 10 deg, spent the day talking to a lawyer. I live down a private road that has an ingress, egress easement. I live at the end of the road, neighbor two doors down just bought a 1/2 section in the next county. He is trying, wanting to go through my property to access his new property. Lawyer says he can’t, but he won’t take no for an answer. Been a fun week.

Evening, John watch that frost bite stuff, ain’t worth it. Cold here tonight, 10 deg, spent the day talking to a lawyer. I live down a private road that has an ingress, egress easement. I live at the end of the road, neighbor two doors down just bought a 1/2 section in the next county. He is trying, wanting to go through my property to access his new property. Lawyer says he can’t, but he won’t take no for an answer. Been a fun week.
We just went thru that on some property in Ark. Like you we won in the end but had to lawyer up to get it done. They crushed our mailbox in retaliation and tore down a bunch of fence. We just kept putting it back up then had to resort to video cameras and that finally stopped the nonsense. Good luck, it sucks spending money to prove you are right.

We just went thru that on some property in Ark. Like you we won in the end but had to lawyer up to get it done. They crushed our mailbox in retaliation and tore down a bunch of fence. We just kept putting it back up then had to resort to video cameras and that finally stopped the nonsense. Good luck, it sucks spending money to prove you are right.
Hopefully it comes to a level headed ending.

Hopefully it comes to a level headed ending.
In a twist of fate the folks causing us issues are way behind ( several years) on property tax, looks like it will likely go to State auction in March on tax sales. Jodi is like a vulture on a tree limb watching it, just waiting to pounce. She is determined to buy it and toss em off their own property. That will be some fun.

In a twist of fate the folks causing us issues are way behind ( several years) on property tax, looks like it will likely go to State auction in March on tax sales. Jodi is like a vulture on a tree limb watching it, just waiting to pounce. She is determined to buy it and toss em off their own property. That will be some fun.
Touché :lol:

Don’t know where to post this, drove through the town I grew up in for the first time in 50 years, what a dump, the good jobs are long gone. Cleaning toilets at Walmart is now a good job, not making the world’s best bearings

Don’t know where to post this, drove through the town I grew up in for the first time in 50 years, what a dump, the good jobs are long gone. Cleaning toilets at Walmart is now a good job, not making the world’s best bearings

Similar to my last venture through my old desert stomping grounds.

Let's not go there here in the coffee shop. That subject should be discussed in the news and politics forum. Sorry fellas, I have had it up to here with politics and Covid crap the last week between 3 of these forums.

I went to the market a little while ago late model 392 Charger/Daytona in the parking lot. Man it sounded good when he lit it up, and I told him so and asked what pipes he had on it. "Stock" was his reply "I wish my Hemi Express sounded that good" :D

I brought a bunch of scratch off Maryland lottery tickets to Viet Nam. I show my girls how to play. Young one wins $15. I will take tickets to our get together with friends. Drink beer and have fun. Probably have 50 cards.
PXL_20220120_030303904.MP.jpg

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::thumbsup:

-
Back