Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So believe it or not, we don’t buy a bunch of junk food . We rarely buy chips, pop(soda for your non Midwestern folk), candy, and pop corn.

but every now and again, we will have a family movie night where we splurge on that stuff. So let’s play a guessing game.

2-12 packs of pop(name brand)
1 jar of popcorn kernels(store brand)
1 quart of oil.(store brand)
4 gallons of store brand milk 2%
2 bags of store brand tortilla chips
1 jar of Pace Salsa
1 jar of Queso
2 bags of Doritos
1 box of soft pretzels
1 bag of M&Ms(one person sized)
1 Bag of skittles (one person sized)

How much do you think it costs?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wow, I really need to backread. I missed something real important here. :poke::rofl::popcorn:

D991BDED-FC95-465A-AFB2-20382B0AF04C.jpeg

So believe it or not, we don’t buy a bunch of junk food . We rarely buy chips, pop(soda for your non Midwestern folk), candy, and pop corn.

but every now and again, we will have a family movie night where we splurge on that stuff. So let’s play a guessing game.

1 jar of Pace Salsa
1 jar of Queso
2 bags of Doritos
1 box of soft pretzels

$38

1 jar of Pace Salsa
1 jar of Queso
2 bags of Doritos
1 box of soft pretzels

60 bucks

I would contact a cam manufacturer and get their recommendation....

I'm not as fan of Hughes as when we built the oldest son's 360 engine (factory roller cam), I specifically told them that I wanted the roller cam with the full nose so I can run a stock mechanical fuel pump... They sent me a cam with the short nose and their 'adapter kit' which was a hokey under designed piece of ****.... (and an extra $30 at the time)....

Their adapter kit uses a small cube shaped piece of aluminum for a keyway... I went to a local hardware store and bought a real keyway and ground it down to where it would fit better...

It wasn't about the extra $30 for me, but more the fact that I wanted the proper part for the application and not a band aid to make it what I wanted, and they went against my instructions - I told them that I would wait for the right part... I believe in quality and doing it right...

So after that, I do not use Hughes products... If they can't send me what I tell them to, I'm not going to do business with them....

Try calling Crower Cams and see what they can do... When I had my head guy build a slant 6 for my ex wife, I called Dave at Crower Cams (Since passed away, but I think his son is running it now)... He recommended and custom ground me a cam with 260° duration and .495 lift to take advantage of the torquey slant 6 design... She was happy with the engine when it was done...

For what it's worth, I am extremely impressed with my Highes Whiplash 440 cam. I would buy from them again anytime needed.

1 jar of Pace Salsa
1 jar of Queso
2 bags of Doritos
1 box of soft pretzels

$58.75

1 jar of Pace Salsa
1 jar of Queso
2 bags of Doritos
1 box of soft pretzels

Free - smash and grab... The new trend..

Just sitting out here in the shop healing up from another round of snow shoveling. Waiting on a neighbor to bring by the front attachment to his snow blade for repair. I looked up and there was my summer hat just waiting patiently for the weather to break, perched upon my shooting sticks. This week really put a whipping on me physically digging out rail cars to keep plant operating. The hat drove home how much I want to not live here much longer. Ya just can’t wear a straw hat in the winter.

CC50257C-8F07-4031-B4C6-109D1A8C3F70.jpeg

Were they wearing their masks when they robbed you?
Actually yes. And had gloves and stood behind plexiglass!

But all those fuel discount points.....
you mean the whopping 8 bucks worth

Pizza and beer would have been cheaper, and more fun with the wife, after the little ones fell asleep after a few sips of beer.:poke:
yeah maybe. Even that’s gotten stupid high here. We did Noble romans pizza last weekend and it was 64 bucks for one large supreme, one large plain cheese and 2 orders of bread sticks and a 2 liter. On carry out

I’ll be doing my taxes and yearly expenses this weekend, I’m curious what my year over year will end up being now that we paid off a lot of debt and lowered our monthly bills.

-
Back