Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Today I get to test fit my tractor chains, geeze the rear set is heavy, haven't unboxed. Snow in the forecast for early Feb so better figure them out now, hope there's keepers.

Even though I have admin privileges on the machine if the port saw something such as an unauthorized flash it locks up and your laptop is a brick with a required helpdesk call to unlock it. The encrypted flash drive has it's own password. Also to have it disabled was a request form online that often went into a black hole, this guy cut through all that tape for me.
Sounds like what we went thru at AT&T.

No the last unit. They were specops but phycological. They thought they were all snake eaters. Look up 193rd.
Snake eater? This is the only one i know of, snow snake eater
0466421F-9F2A-4907-BB09-F50B0B00BEF9.jpeg

So, gmc exhaust all sealed up, ready to go.time to go pick owner up. Not far though.

I get plenty of physical activity, but very little cardio. I did just get some this morning though. Ran several wheelbarrows of firewood up through a couple inches of snow to fill the basement steps. Been burning the stove quite a bit recently.
Like Frank said, tough to do 'exercise' when I'm already going pretty much all day long. Just not at the rate needed to get the pulse up high enough usually. I think Memike has the answer with getting a few short bursts in. Definitely needs to be morning, cause at the end of the day, I got nothing left. Been trying to work something in at least a few times a week. Also want to get the dumbells out. Most of what I do does not involve heavy lifting and then go to pick something up that I never would have had a problem with and I feel like a weakling.

I get plenty of physical activity, but very little cardio. I did just get some this morning though. Ran several wheelbarrows of firewood up through a couple inches of snow to fill the basement steps. Been burning the stove quite a bit recently.
Like Frank said, tough to do 'exercise' when I'm already going pretty much all day long. Just not at the rate needed to get the pulse up high enough usually. I think Memike has the answer with getting a few short bursts in. Definitely needs to be morning, cause at the end of the day, I got nothing left. Been trying to work something in at least a few times a week. Also want to get the dumbells out. Most of what I do does not involve heavy lifting and then go to pick something up that I never would have had a problem with and I feel like a weakling.
I'm slowly getting weaker. Things I have moved or stored are difficult to move. I know I put it there, but now it heavy!! I walk about 5 miles a day, I have a fit bit tracker.....but still.....

I'm slowly getting weaker. Things I have moved or stored are difficult to move. I know I put it there, but now it heavy!! I walk about 5 miles a day, I have a fit bit tracker.....but still.....
Exactly my point. I walk several miles a day just doing my job. Walking is good, but it doesn’t do what’s needed for cardio or anything for your arms

Man Accidentally Injects ***** With Insulating Foam In DIY Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Gone Wrong
Got to see this!!

Karl, you being the small block guru on here. I'm building a 273 and want it to rev to at least 7k. I've been told stock rods and Egge domed pistons will do that just fine but I've bought ARP rod bolts.
I'll be using the stock 273 rocker assembly and the stock solid flat tappet lifters. I've already ordered a Cloyes Street Billet timing kit from Rock Auto.
I'm aiming for 10:1 or 10.5:1 compression in either the stock 273 heads or a set of cut 360 heads.
I'm looking for a cam with at least a 250 degree duration @0.050" and close to 0.600" lift. Maybe this one (Hughes 250/254, 108 lobe sep. 500/600 lift)or this one (Hughes 254/260 108 lobe sep. 600/615 lift).
The recommended Hughes springs are 1.800" installed height and require a 0.100" offset retainer. Stock installed height is closer to 1.6", right?
The Hughes package comes to $419 which isn't really the cheapest combo out there.
Do you have a tip where I should look for a springs, cam and retainers combo?
Like I said, I dont need lifters and a timing set so a complete kit wouldn't be economical.

I would contact a cam manufacturer and get their recommendation....

I'm not as fan of Hughes as when we built the oldest son's 360 engine (factory roller cam), I specifically told them that I wanted the roller cam with the full nose so I can run a stock mechanical fuel pump... They sent me a cam with the short nose and their 'adapter kit' which was a hokey under designed piece of ****.... (and an extra $30 at the time)....

Their adapter kit uses a small cube shaped piece of aluminum for a keyway... I went to a local hardware store and bought a real keyway and ground it down to where it would fit better...

It wasn't about the extra $30 for me, but more the fact that I wanted the proper part for the application and not a band aid to make it what I wanted, and they went against my instructions - I told them that I would wait for the right part... I believe in quality and doing it right...

So after that, I do not use Hughes products... If they can't send me what I tell them to, I'm not going to do business with them....

Try calling Crower Cams and see what they can do... When I had my head guy build a slant 6 for my ex wife, I called Dave at Crower Cams (Since passed away, but I think his son is running it now)... He recommended and custom ground me a cam with 260° duration and .495 lift to take advantage of the torquey slant 6 design... She was happy with the engine when it was done...

Last edited:
Yeah, I pushed in a little too far, truck doesn't steer as good backing out so kept putting me off into the deep stuff. Had two co-workers aware who knew where I was and ready to come out with another winch.

It's always to have coworkers standing by with another wench.... :D

And I mean wench, not winch.... :rolleyes:

That's why I added the bike to the home-gym. Needed low impact cardio and I hate treadmills and ellipticals. Having "Jared" or "Michelle" punk me out in virtual workouts is a serious motivator for me. If you go the direction of getting a stationary bike, get one that has a video screen and connected service. Best move.

People sell them for cheap on Marketplace and elsewhere. Give it another few days and the New Year's resolution people will quit and put it out there for pennies on the dollar.

added:

The HIIT system is another low impact way to maintain and gain strength. My joints have had a LOT of use over the years, especially shoulders carry 120 packs for days on end. Can't do free-weights due to the stability problems but the machines allow for better form as well as a tracking program.
My ditch digging is much improved due to the workout time and I recover much more quickly...I'm a bit younger than most of you guys though...not yet 60

That's why I added the bike to the home-gym. Needed low impact cardio and I hate treadmills and ellipticals. Having "Jared" or "Michelle" punk me out in virtual workouts is a serious motivator for me. If you go the direction of getting a stationary bike, get one that has a video screen and connected service. Best move.

People sell them for cheap on Marketplace and elsewhere. Give it another few days and the New Year's resolution people will quit and put it out there for pennies on the dollar.
We have a 'recumbent' bike. No video, but has a decent variable resistance program that is displayed as a graph. Need to get the wife's crap out of the way to use it...

I would contact a cam manufacturer and get their recommendation....

I'm not as fan of Hughes as when we built the oldest son's 360 engine (factory roller cam), I specifically told them that I wanted the roller cam with the full nose so I can run a stock mechanical fuel pump... They sent me a cam with the short nose and their 'adapter kit' which was a hokey under designed piece of ****.... (and an extra $30 at the time)....

Their adapter kit uses a small cube shaped piece of aluminum for a keyway... I went to a local hardware store and bought a real keyway and ground it down to where it would fit better...

It wasn't about the extra $30 for me, but more the fact that I wanted the proper part for the application and not a band aid to make it what I wanted, and they went against my instructions - I told them that I would wait for the right part... I believe in quality and doing it right...

So after that, I do not use Hughes products... If they can't send me what I tell them to, I'm not going to do business with them....

Try calling Crower Cams and see what they can do... When I had my head guy build a slant 6 for my ex wife, I called Dave at Crower Cams (Since passed away, but I think his son is running it now)... He recommended and custom ground me a cam with 260° duration and .495 lift to take advantage of the torquey slant 6 design... She was happy with the engine when it was done...
Thanks, Karl!

Neighbour drops off 3 low def satellite tv recievers,got one running in 10 minutes. So will ship back the new one.

At 65, I still workout 5 days a week. M,W,F, 1/2hr, of ab work, then 3 sets of 15 pull ups, 3 sets of 25 push ups, 3 sets of 15 dips. Dumbbell, squats and arm work. Tu,Th, 1/2 hr of abs and, ride the road bike for 10 miles. I do the same in Viet Nam, but use an old B's stationary bike.... difference in health here is the better food. I've already lost 4 lbs since I've been here. 6' and 192lbs is my regular weight

Well the weather geeks have been teasing about the Santa Ana winds here for weeks. Today we gott'em. Not unbearably hot but coming from the right direction and pretty substantial velocity wise. 30mph gusts at least and 20 sustained. I bet Edison and PG&E got their panties all up in a bunch :D.

-
Back