Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning MOPAR dreamers...

file.jpg

Morning!
-32. High of -22 i think. Clear and sunny. That ford 6.2 gas may have a broken valve spring. #4. Could not be a worse one to work on. There are going to be some words. I guaranfrickintee that!

Geeze the Carl Vinson had a crash, F-35c, pilot safely ejected, seven sailors injured but no deaths so far. It's very dangerous what they do, wish them sailors a speedy recovery.

Morning!
-32. High of -22 i think. Clear and sunny. That ford 6.2 gas may have a broken valve spring. #4. Could not be a worse one to work on. There are going to be some words. I guaranfrickintee that!

Sounds like a pain and there's a new word (to me) already lol! How many miles on that motor, spring failure is pretty common on it I've heard, good luck!

Good Morning Everyone. I hope all is well. -9°F this AM so, warmer than expected. Just plugging along with projects. Get most of the house stuff done while it is cold, then play time when it eventually warms up. I definitely need garage heat for next year. this is BS

Good Morning Everyone. I hope all is well. -9°F this AM so, warmer than expected. Just plugging along with projects. Get most of the house stuff done while it is cold, then play time when it eventually warms up. I definitely need garage heat for next year. this is BS

Just curious what are you thinking of for a source? I am using a portable electric, isn't keeping up and the temps here aren't that bad. I'm considering propane but need to research venting.

Just curious what are you thinking of for a source? I am using a portable electric, isn't keeping up and the temps here aren't that bad. I'm considering propane but need to research venting.

I have a forced air house furnace that I wish to use. Otherwise, I will get one of the hanging units (Below - not necessarily the brand/size/style just a pic) Then just trench a line from the natural gas at the house to the garage. Unless I am just as poor as now, then wood stove made from a barrel will have to work.

upload_2022-1-25_7-12-55.png

I have a forced air house furnace that I wish to use. Otherwise, I will get one of the hanging units (Below - not necessarily the brand/size/style just a pic) Then just trench a line from the natural gas at the house to the garage. Unless I am just as poor as now, then wood stove made from a barrel will have to work.

View attachment 1715858604
What size shop.? And walls/installation?
The natural gas is going up in price here in Arkansas . But it would be the most economical.

I've been looking at what you posted there, see there is both natural gas and propane models. As BTU's go up so does that price tho! I have a fairly large tank outside my shop with a line that runs to my generator, would like to tap off of that and bring it into the corner. Might get an HVAC guy involved if I can't figure out ventilation.

Tractor Supply has a 55 gallon drum stove conversion kit... if you can burn wood. Then it's just the stack.

I have a 30,000 BTU propane heater that is "ventless"... but I also have a carbon monoxide detector.

Problem here (and I'm sure elsewhere) is you can't find a propane refill station that has propane so I have to do the tank-exchanges and it's not super economical...

-
Back