Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
friend of mine took a forced air propan furnace from a mobile home man it works great and sips fuel, another cheap option they are around.

Any locals gong? Carlisle this Friday and Sat indoor swap meet
ce_am_aw-2021_077_emailres.jpg

logo-header.png

main_thumb_wintercarlisle_030221.png

2022 Winter Carlisle
January 28-29, 2022

Carlisle Expo Center

100 K Street, Carlisle PA.

Tickets
Event Description
Brand-new in 2022, Winter Carlisle Auto Expo is a two-day flea market sale of collector car automotive parts, collectibles, and car corral at the Carlisle Expo Center in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. Winter Carlisle Auto Expo is an automotive treasure hunt to locate everything you need to prepare for your winter projects! The 150+ spaces showcase parts, services, new products, memorabilia items, tires, accessories, car care products, tools, vintage advertising, collectibles and so much more. The spectrum of diversity should appeal to those getting warmed up for Carlisle Events season. Kids 12 and under are admitted FREE!

$8 online / $10 at the door

Kids 12 and under are admitted FREE

Friday: 12 noon – 9 PM

Saturday: 9 AM – 6 PM

Date and Time

January 28-29, 2022

Carlisle Expo Center

100 K Street, Carlisle PA.

-8° on my thermometer. Like Dad used to say, " colder than a well digger's *** out there"

I'd do it if I was local. Have a Great Day All, I'm off to troubleshoot a microwave dehydrator, won't build pressure and no findy the bubbly with the leak detect solution. Lots of hours on the unit, may replace.

Problem here (and I'm sure elsewhere) is you can't find a propane refill station that has propane so I have to do the tank-exchanges and it's not super economical...
I don't use much, but hasn't been a problem getting the 20lb ones for the grill filled. Last one I took up was probably October. Have 2 places close that fill. WAY cheaper than exchange. Like $12 vs $20+ I think

I don't use much, but hasn't been a problem getting the 20lb ones for the grill filled. Last one I took up was probably October. Have 2 places close that fill. WAY cheaper than exchange. Like $12 vs $20+ I think

Yes. The three nearby refill stations are all out of stock. All that is left is the 20lb exchange service

What size shop.? And walls/installation?
The natural gas is going up in price here in Arkansas . But it would be the most economical.

The insulation is why I didn't put one in already. Before insulating, I have to change a bunch of the wiring the previous person did. It is on the face of the studs instead of in between them. Once that is swapped and insulated, then I can worry about the heat. It is a 3 car garage - not a shop per se. If the furnace works, then it will be more than enough - I used the same set up in my old shop/garage and it was amazing. NG prices are going up here too, but still cheaper than propane.

Tractor Supply has a 55 gallon drum stove conversion kit... if you can burn wood. Then it's just the stack.

I have a 30,000 BTU propane heater that is "ventless"... but I also have a carbon monoxide detector.

Problem here (and I'm sure elsewhere) is you can't find a propane refill station that has propane so I have to do the tank-exchanges and it's not super economical...

That is the kit I was going to use if going that route. I have plenty of firewood to keep the garage warm for years - I would prefer to have it warm all time, maybe 50-60° vs warm then cold and so on.

The only place I know that fills tanks around here is the Uhaul locations. Doesn't hurt to check to see if you have a formal location (not just the trailer rental places) locally and if they do it also.

There is a used car dealer here that fills the 20lb tanks for 12 was 10 so it did go up. No idea how he is so cheap.

Yeah. Grocery stores are far less expensive

If I drive I can get $19.99...

Initial tank is $49.99
Wow one of the rare times lately we are cheaper! Around here, there’s a local farm store that sells it for 12 bucks a refill of a 20lb tank, 21 for a 40 lb rank and 55 for a 100 lbs

-
Back