Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's Surfin' Sunday!

surfinsaturday.jpg

Good morning :D
10-12 footers this afternoon :eek:

Fargo in shop, fixed the cracked speedo lens. Figured i would change the springs in my carb and drop in a pair of needles one size down. Dam offshore kit. Needles are wrong. End that goes through piston is too long and binds up the works. Crap. Think just the stiffer springs made a difference though. It would bog on part throttle at cruising speed. Im thinking im may need to go up a jet size. Thats next.

That's quite the circuit... I was going to ask about 81 right after I hit "Post"

The lock story is hilarious. Yeah... it's all legit

Hope it rolls smoothly for ya

Home I'm beat. Good news is the house is still standing .
Bad news .
Welcome home. look what ( I ) Ibought . WITH YOUR MONEY. :mad:

20220227_154438.jpg

20220227_154403.jpg

This past week has been full of busywork for the duster.
Wednesday I went to the pick a part and got a mini starter so I could get my headers installed. Well, the first starter I got worked, but i broke the ground stud on it.
I exchanged it for another one, but that one was just dead. This whole ordeal took 3 days. It is now friday and i am sick of going back and forth to the junkyard so I use the dead mini starter as a core charge on a new mini starter I bought. Then yesterday was the day I went to my buddies house to use his lift so we could get the headers in quickly and easily.
THAT PLAN FELL APART. Mind you, we had to get both our cars running by 4 in order to go to each of our homecoming dances. I got to his house at 8, and that is when I found out that his dad would be occupying the lift and we could not use it.

SO. we got out the jackstands and did it the old fashioned way. it was super sketchy. topping out the jackstands and putting wood on the jack in order to get the car high enough to get the headers in. I wont bore you with EVERY clamity of the day but all in all, 11 hours later and at 5:30(an hour and a half behind schedule) the headers and new starter were in and working good. We both somehow got to our homecoming dances on time and when I pulled into the school parking lot I managed to piss off a lot of parents and some teachers since I have no mufflers on it. (fedex is three days late) and it throws BIG FIRE AND SPARKS. The headers have no more paint on them since we ran out of time to cure them, and the #1 cylinder tube is smashed to all hell since we had to hammer it to clear the steering box getting it in.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rtkzgv5dSodyYvnQ9

This past week has been full of busywork for the duster.
Wednesday I went to the pick a part and got a mini starter so I could get my headers installed. Well, the first starter I got worked, but i broke the ground stud on it.
I exchanged it for another one, but that one was just dead. This whole ordeal took 3 days. It is now friday and i am sick of going back and forth to the junkyard so I use the dead mini starter as a core charge on a new mini starter I bought. Then yesterday was the day I went to my buddies house to use his lift so we could get the headers in quickly and easily.
THAT PLAN FELL APART. Mind you, we had to get both our cars running by 4 in order to go to each of our homecoming dances. I got to his house at 8, and that is when I found out that his dad would be occupying the lift and we could not use it.

SO. we got out the jackstands and did it the old fashioned way. it was super sketchy. topping out the jackstands and putting wood on the jack in order to get the car high enough to get the headers in. I wont bore you with EVERY clamity of the day but all in all, 11 hours later and at 5:30(an hour and a half behind schedule) the headers and new starter were in and working good. We both somehow got to our homecoming dances on time and when I pulled into the school parking lot I managed to piss off a lot of parents and some teachers since I have no mufflers on it. (fedex is three days late) and it throws BIG FIRE AND SPARKS. The headers have no more paint on them since we ran out of time to cure them, and the #1 cylinder tube is smashed to all hell since we had to hammer it to clear the steering box getting it in.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rtkzgv5dSodyYvnQ9
Good job on gettin git done!
No sympathy on using jackstands. That's all I've ever had. Drive up on some 2x10 or 2 x12s if need more height.

educational opportunity: The only ground connection on a starter is it's housing contacting the transmission.

LL: use a very small wrench on those tiny studs! 'Ignition wrench' if you have one. Its one thing I don't like about the mini starter.
However there are various adapters for those starters.

Good job on gettin git done!
No sympathy on using jackstands. That's all I've ever had. Drive up on some 2x10 or 2 x12s if need more height.

educational opportunity: The only ground connection on a starter is it's housing contacting the transmission.

LL: use a very small wrench on those tiny studs! 'Ignition wrench' if you have one. Its one thing I don't like about the mini starter.
However there are various adapters for those starters.
I use 1/4 drive to gently snug the nuts. Always.

-
Back