Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Thanks Craig. No they aren't fun. When I finally fell back asleep for a little bit, I had horrible dreams. Kinda odd with that. Just foggy and very tired now.
Bad dreams I feel like I worked all night when that happens. Well, the day can do nothing but get better.

I had a really bad dream once that Tike and I were jogging in thongs!
Tikini man.jpg
stir the pot.jpg

Good morning. So riddle me this? How would changing a 12 dollar water temperature sending unit immediately solve the hard start when hot problem my Jeep has/had?

for the last several months, I’ve been chasing a hard start problem with my Jeep. If I shut it off when hot and then came back within say 10-20 minutes, it would not want to start. Never tripped a single code in the computer.

When it finally did, it’d rev to redline. I’ve changed the plugs, wires, coil, throttle body, all 4 O2 sensors, finally I’d ordered new injectors and a new rail, those took forever to come in, they came in Friday, supposed to pick them up today from the stealership.

anyway, last week, my water temperature gauge went crazy and stopped working, that did finally trip a code. Water temp sensor/sending unit malfunction. So I went to the dealer Thursday, bought me the 12 dollar sensor and put it in on Saturday morning before drill.

Suddenly, the hard start problem is completely gone. It was still doing it as of Saturday morning prior to the temp sensor change out.

Good morning. So riddle me this? How would changing a 12 dollar water temperature sending unit immediately solve the hard start when hot problem my Jeep has/had?

for the last several months, I’ve been chasing a hard start problem with my Jeep. If I shut it off when hot and then came back within say 10-20 minutes, it would not want to start. Never tripped a single code in the computer.

When it finally did, it’d rev to redline. I’ve changed the plugs, wires, coil, throttle body, all 4 O2 sensors, finally I’d ordered new injectors and a new rail, those took forever to come in, they came in Friday, supposed to pick them up today from the stealership.

anyway, last week, my water temperature gauge went crazy and stopped working, that did finally trip a code. Water temp sensor/sending unit malfunction. So I went to the dealer Thursday, bought me the 12 dollar sensor and put it in on Saturday morning before drill.

Suddenly, the hard start problem is completely gone. It was still doing it as of Saturday morning prior to the temp sensor change out.

No answer other than that Sensors are the devil.

My uneducated guess is that the temp sensor being off creates an incorrect signal to ignition system and that in turn created a lean or rich fuel condition ??

Last edited:
There always is Mike! If anyone know that it should be you breaking up the fights!
Always another expert out there. THere is a 70 R/T for sale on FBBO. No fender tag or build sheet but a vigorous discussion about what options "could" come on the car. Where's my delete button! :lol:

Totally different Jeep I'm sure but my daughter had a Cherokee, straight 6 that had a crank position sensor on the back of the block between the firewall, not much room in there. Anyway the wire that went to it had poor contact, really the whole sensor and wire and termination should have been replaced, but wiggling that wire got the Jeep to start (I know), should have pulled the engine lol!

Think the best is
I think I need a distributor, rebuilt engine and new ditributor. It does not want to start and pops or more like explodes when cranking.

OK you do the wires right firing order?

Answer was a pic of the cap wires were like parting alfalfas hair! four one one side going to the plugs same on the other. Prob should have saved that one.

I had to be nice though.....

MV5BMTc1Njg3ODY2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjI4MDI2._V1_UY1200_CR149,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg
dui-cf12000bk_xl.jpg

Think the best is
I think I need a distributor, rebuilt engine and new ditributor. It does not want to start and pops or more like explodes when cranking.

Answer was a pic of the cap wires were like parting alfalfas hair! four one one side going to the plugs same on the other. Prob should have saved that one.

View attachment 1715879165View attachment 1715879170

best dist shaft bronze bushing

Think the best is

View attachment 1715879165View attachment 1715879170
:rofl: THose wires look pretty though.

-
Back