Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning coffee land, Mid 60s here today, need to get out and get some work done on some cars.

Line up at the car wash

20220228_093718.jpg

Man @halifaxhops got me to wondering, I checked my 401k this morning, yeah I’m taking a beating. Bad. Even in 2020 when stuff shut down, I never went into the red like everyone else. However, the current economic situation has dropped EVERYTHING, in a similar way to 2008, I went from being up 38.4 percent, to being down -7.74 percent.... despite moving to all “safe” funds before the plunge over the winter. If I hadn’t moved stuff when I did, I’d be down 23.17 percent....

Man @halifaxhops got me to wondering, I checked my 401k this morning, yeah I’m taking a beating. Bad. Even in 2020 when stuff shut down, I never went into the red like everyone else. However, the current economic situation has dropped EVERYTHING, in a similar way to 2008, I went from being up 38.4 percent, to being down -7.74 percent.... despite moving to all “safe” funds before the plunge over the winter. If I hadn’t moved stuff when I did, I’d be down 23.17 percent....
Wife and I look like genius, we pulled out and dumped cash into real estate last year. Of course in the investing world it is hero today goat tomorrow. We are both just old enough we knew we did not have enough income earning years left to weather a strong correction.

Wife and I look like genius, we pulled out and dumped cash into real estate last year. Of course in the investing world it is hero today goat tomorrow. We are both just old enough we knew we did not have enough income earning years left to weather a strong correction.
Smart!

The good news for me is I’m fairly diverse, I have investments both in stocks and bonds, but also in physical assets too.

Okay, ignore any political aspirations or notions in this.
I post it simply to say WOW!!! Check out a beauty Queen turned Commando! I just have one question, is she single?!?!?

Former Miss Grand Ukraine joins Ukrainian military, warns Russian invaders will be killed
I'll see your beauty queen, and match that with a member of parliment.
Tens of thousand women ready to fight - Ukraine MP
Sorry Chris - she is already married. LOL.
Besides you are too.
or do you really want two. :poke:

The good news for me is I’m fairly diverse, I have investments both in stocks and bonds, but also in physical assets too.
The last is a good idea, especially now. Wouldn't be a big surprise if some system got hacked, be it ATMs, an exchange, or a power grid.
And make sure you've stockpiled enough powdered milk, in case the weathergal says 'snow' and the usual panic hits.

The pickup told me it's 81° in my driveway right now. :realcrazy: with 3 more weeks of winter coming :realcrazy:
WTF? my snow gauge still has my Adirondack chairs covered? Translated, we have a couple of Adirondack chairs by our fire pit in the back yard. I figure spring is on the way when the tops of the chairs start peeking out of the snow. We still can’t see um!

WTF? my snow gauge still has my Adirondack chairs covered? Translated, we have a couple of Adirondack chairs by our fire pit in the back yard. I figure spring is on the way when the tops of the chairs start peeking out of the snow. We still can’t see um!

We may get some rain later in the week. I believe it when I see it :lol:.

I'll see your beauty queen, and match that with a member of parliment.
Tens of thousand women ready to fight - Ukraine MP
Sorry Chris - she is already married. LOL.
Besides you are too.
or do you really want two. :poke:

The last is a good idea, especially now. Wouldn't be a big surprise if some system got hacked, be it ATMs, an exchange, or a power grid.
And make sure you've stockpiled enough powdered milk, in case the weathergal says 'snow' and the usual panic hits.
Yeah. I wouldn’t either.
And I don’t know. I really wonder at times if I want the one I have now :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

NWS weather station just down the road 1 1/2 miles made it to 85° about an hour ago :eek: same thing tomorrow. Thursday an Friday looooow 60s :lol: and mid 30s at night

Been doing the same for the last three years, but buying and selling land in VN. Very profitable, and no USA market risk...:thumbsup:

Curious, price per acre?
Prices are per square meter. And even then, depends upon location, same as in America. But overall land is more expensive in VN. I am connected, so I buy land where the next new road is being built. Keep it until the road is complete, usually a year or two. Then double or triple my money when I sell it

So when I was driving the duster Saturday night to a school dance my dad, someone's pissed off mom, and one of my teachers said it was throwing flames and sparks. out of both pipes. It spit flames with the manifolds before but they were small and only out the drivers side bank, so I did not have high hopes it would do it with longer tubes.
but DAMN I was wrong!

-
Back