Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Got the fenderwells done with round 1, need to see what's best for remaining material. May use flap wheel over wire although haven't ruled out sandpaper. Still more areas in back to go, drops, some frame rail areas but closer!

IMG_4244.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

Good morning. So riddle me this? How would changing a 12 dollar water temperature sending unit immediately solve the hard start when hot problem my Jeep has/had?

for the last several months, I’ve been chasing a hard start problem with my Jeep. If I shut it off when hot and then came back within say 10-20 minutes, it would not want to start. Never tripped a single code in the computer.

When it finally did, it’d rev to redline. I’ve changed the plugs, wires, coil, throttle body, all 4 O2 sensors, finally I’d ordered new injectors and a new rail, those took forever to come in, they came in Friday, supposed to pick them up today from the stealership.

anyway, last week, my water temperature gauge went crazy and stopped working, that did finally trip a code. Water temp sensor/sending unit malfunction. So I went to the dealer Thursday, bought me the 12 dollar sensor and put it in on Saturday morning before drill.

Suddenly, the hard start problem is completely gone. It was still doing it as of Saturday morning prior to the temp sensor change out.
If sensor doesen agree with coolant temp, lets say its reading lower temp. It will richen mixture,some go full low,forcing extremely rich.
Others go hot, so not enough fuel to start in open loop. Easy enough to identify with a scan tool that displays live data. Im not big in unloading the parts cannon, without concrete evidence the part is faulty.

Think the best is
I think I need a distributor, rebuilt engine and new ditributor. It does not want to start and pops or more like explodes when cranking.

OK you do the wires right firing order?

Answer was a pic of the cap wires were like parting alfalfas hair! four one one side going to the plugs same on the other. Prob should have saved that one.

I had to be nice though.....

View attachment 1715879165View attachment 1715879170
There such a thing as a cross-fire cap, but that isnt it.

Sunny and 50's this afternoon. Riding to St Louis tomorrow with a friend. He likes Audi's and found one to buy there.

If sensor doesen agree with coolant temp, lets say its reading lower temp. It will richen mixture,some go full low,forcing extremely rich.
Others go hot, so not enough fuel to start in open loop. Easy enough to identify with a scan tool that displays live data. Im not big in unloading the parts cannon, without concrete evidence the part is faulty.
Yeah, normally I’m not either. But it did need a good tune up anyway. It was overdue for plugs at a minimum.

I did take it to dealership to have them diagnose it and that’s who told me it “might” be the injectors. They said the injectors could be leaking down when hot and essentially flooding the engine.

if it’s not the injectors, I’m gonna be really happy. I really didn’t wanna tear down the entire top half of the engine to get to them. Because Chrysler engineers were so smart to put the injectors and rail UNDER the intake manifold. Oh and make the front timing cover bolt to the lower intake manifold.
Maybe it was spiking, and the computer said no? No idea its you Chris.
very true

Got the fenderwells done with round 1, need to see what's best for remaining material. May use flap wheel over wire although haven't ruled out sandpaper. Still more areas in back to go, drops, some frame rail areas but closer!

View attachment 1715879171

View attachment 1715879172

View attachment 1715879173

3M makes a nylon “wire” wheel that works really really well on that stuff.

Looks like my new printer will be here today. Man I never realized how much I used it.
I need to just pull the trigger and order one from somewhere. I want a color laser. Getting tired of empty ink cartridges and plugged nozzles. (que Karl)

Odd Winter weather here. Yesterday 78°, last night's low was 53° at 21:30, at 24:00 it was back up to 63° where it remained most of the night :realcrazy:. Nice to see the National weather map not covered in impending weather catastrophes for a change.

-
Back