Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Gonna go do some laps in the pool now while it's still cool out, and the sun isn't too high.....

Well... My house now is in Phuoc Long, Long Ho ????

DOH!.jpg
:lol::lol:

I reckon problems are all relative, we are over here worrying about a blizzard this weekend, gas prices sky rocketing, and disappearing contractors and Mitch is trying to decide if he wants to be phat phuc or dai le phuc! The snow is still deep enough I can just barely see the top of our Adirondack chair in back yard so clearly there will be no swimming laps here. Mitches escapades sure make me rethink my whole retirement plan! Mitch is my hero!

I reckon problems are all relative, we are over here worrying about a blizzard this weekend, gas prices sky rocketing, and disappearing contractors and Mitch is trying to decide if he wants to be phat phuc or dai le phuc! The snow is still deep enough I can just barely see the top of our Adirondack chair in back yard so clearly there will be no swimming laps here. Mitches escapades sure make me rethink my whole retirement plan! Mitch is my hero!
I’m actually looking forward to tomorrow’s 75 degrees. Gonna try to get my dash to where I like it

I’m actually looking forward to tomorrow’s 75 degrees. Gonna try to get my dash to where I like it

What cha doing to your dash? I'd just like to get past 50 degrees. In the next 14 days it only makes it there twice, lows in 30's 40's but at least daylight savings is close!

What cha doing to your dash? I'd just like to get past 50 degrees. In the next 14 days it only makes it there twice, lows in 30's 40's but at least daylight savings is close!
Well honestly, been working a couple different custom bezel ideas for about the last year. The original concept ended up being too much trouble to get consistent results. That concept was using a pair of 1963 New Yorker tail light bezels as gauge bezels . I spent a small fortune in silicone to made a set of molds from the pot metal tailight bezels. The molds turned out perfect. But the fiberglass resin idea that I tried to cast out of the molds proved to be very inconsistent. I would get HUGE air pockets between the layers and ultimately, the things would crack after a few weeks of temperature changes. Mainly cause they ended up being so dang thick. I finally got two of them to be workable, but then as I sat there looking at them, I realized they just were too large. the 8 in diameter didn’t look as good once the gauges were in.

So in my junk yard trip a couple weeks back, I found a new idea I’m gonna try out.

So..I'm looking to take a Viet name while I'm here in Viet Nam, as most expats do. Maybe some help from my friends here. Hung Long? Phuc Long? Phat Phuc? Dai Ly Phuc? Hung Phat? Phuc Map? Bien Long? Etc.. They don't get the humour in this at all. She wants me to keep Mekong Mitch....:rofl:

Mo pow me.. mopar Mitch

heres one of the better results, rough cast of course. Right there is nearly 2/3rds of a can of resin and probably 4 sq ft of fiber glass mat,

F452CC64-9849-4E4C-BB95-D1973CE8119F.jpeg

All told, I’m probably sitting in about 700 bucks in a failed experiment. But oh well, as Gene Winfield says, if it’s not perfect, start over. It’s just money.

Hey buddy..... I'm fabricating a trailer hitch for my Dart.... Class 2 hitch....
Nice! I reused the one off my Jeep and put it on my dart. It’s a cat 3 but I’ll never pull anything more than a little 4x6 trailer with it.

Nice! I reused the one off my Jeep and put it on my dart. It’s a cat 3 but I’ll never pull anything more than a little 4x6 trailer with it.
I have an aluminum trailer I bought to use with the Dart. 1000 lb max capacity. I want to do the power tour, and the trailer will give me much needed hauling room.....

I have an aluminum trailer I bought to use with the Dart. 1000 lb max capacity. I want to do the power tour, and the trailer will give me much needed hauling room.....
Great minds. I’m hoping to build a tear drop trailer for that exact purpose as well

-
Back