Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning all. We went to our last basketball game for the year.
I'm looking for a me day today. It's going to be 75 here and I've got a few things I'd like to do outside.

View attachment 1715882321

I hear that! That was supposed to be yesterday for me, and it kinda was except spent way too much time running around town looking for oil. Now today we are driving off island to the butchers, wife wants to take the dogs and hit the beach on Camano Island. I told her I wanted to work on the property and in shop, think we'll be headed to the beach tho lol! There's still Sunday and weather is supposed to be nice both days.

My hound is just not waking up this morning! I got her up way to early. She may never leave the basement today! She has her own couch, how spoiled is that?

0A855111-2F2E-4F03-A09E-63897FDFF129.jpeg

My hound is just not waking up this morning! I got her up way to early. She may never leave the basement today! She has her own couch, how spoiled is that?

View attachment 1715882323

That's very spoiled, that's great. I'll put my pugs up against Hemi for snoring, can't believe how loud of a sound comes out of those little dogs!

Interesting day yesterday. A little history first...My granddaughters Dad is a person who is out of her life more than in. He lives here locally with his wife. Last November, he checked into the VA mental health side for a couple months. Since his release he has had no contact (or child support for almost a year) with the daughter or granddaughter.
My granddaughter has basically given up on her dad at this point and told her Mom she doesn't want to see him.
The school is well aware of what's going on. My granddaughter has taken a liking to the school counselor and expressed her frustrations with her.
Yesterday, the guy's wife showed up at the granddaughter's grade school. She said she was there to pick Rylin up for an appointment. When questioned by the principle she then said Rylin's dad was going away for a while and they were having a surprise get together for him. Only because she wasn't on the pick-up list and the hooky story, they told her Rylin wasn't in school. She in fact was sitting in tears in the counselor's office saying she wasn't going to go.
School called the daughter and then she called me. I told her to go pick her up from school and to check that rear view mirror. I don't know if they were trying to snatch her (he's from Florida) or what the heck was going on. I told her to call her lawyer and get a temporary full custody ordered filed. Right now, if her Dad came in and asked for her legally the school is obligated to release her to him.
After all this yesterday still no contact from him. We read about this crap happening all the time. If it wasn't for an on the ball principle, they'd have taken Rylin and a six-hour head start before we knew she was gone.
Cheryl said Well at least he doesn't know where to live now. I told her no, just assume he does. My daughter and I both live at the end of dead-end streets (gee how'd that happen) so it's easy to check the 360. We'll just have to be "on the job" until this incident, one of many past experiences with this A-hole gets sorted out.

Interesting day yesterday. A little history first...My granddaughters Dad is a person who is out of her life more than in. He lives here locally with his wife. Last November, he checked into the VA mental health side for a couple months. Since his release he has had no contact (or child support for almost a year) with the daughter or granddaughter.
My granddaughter has basically given up on her dad at this point and told her Mom she doesn't want to see him.
The school is well aware of what's going on. My granddaughter has taken a liking to the school counselor and expressed her frustrations with her.
Yesterday, the guy's wife showed up at the granddaughter's grade school. She said she was there to pick Rylin up for an appointment. When questioned by the principle she then said Rylin's dad was going away for a while and they were having a surprise get together for him. Only because she wasn't on the pick-up list and the hooky story, they told her Rylin wasn't in school. She in fact was sitting in tears in the counselor's office saying she wasn't going to go.
School called the daughter and then she called me. I told her to go pick her up from school and to check that rear view mirror. I don't know if they were trying to snatch her (he's from Florida) or what the heck was going on. I told her to call her lawyer and get a temporary full custody ordered filed. Right now, if her Dad came in and asked for her legally the school is obligated to release her to him.
After all this yesterday still no contact from him. We read about this crap happening all the time. If it wasn't for an on the ball principle, they'd have taken Rylin and a six-hour head start before we knew she was gone.
Cheryl said Well at least he doesn't know where to live now. I told her no, just assume he does. My daughter and I both live at the end of dead-end streets (gee how'd that happen) so it's easy to check the 360. We'll just have to be "on the job" until this incident, one of many past experiences with this A-hole gets sorted out.
The school should be commended for making good decisions,and protecting the grand daughter.

Well done to the staff at the school! For sure the daughter needs to start the ball rolling on custody issue. And I agree, no way they do not know where the new house is. Those kind of folks may be lazy, but when it comes to something they want they become very resourceful. Be sure your entire circle knows the situation (being captain obvious here) Rylin could not ask for better protection, no way that guy wants the full reckoning from you and Cheryl.

Well done to the staff at the school! For sure the daughter needs to start the ball rolling on custody issue. And I agree, no way they do not know where the new house is. Those kind of folks may be lazy, but when it comes to something they want they become very resourceful. Be sure your entire circle knows the situation (being captain obvious here) Rylin could not ask for better protection, no way that guy wants the full reckoning from you and Cheryl.
We are not listed on the county property appraiser site for ownership here or the last house, but I'll just assume he knows where we live. I reminded Cheryl yesterday if she goes to the daughter's house or the school to drop off or pick up Rylin to check and be aware of her surroundings. I then smiled and told her even to this day I know I'm not being followed. Some old habits never go away.

Morning all you early coffee risers, I am gathering up my mess this morning for a pistol match. I shoot in what is called masters division and I am trying desperately to not land in high masters! Them boys are serious! I am right on cusp. I invariably just shoot against myself and if I end up getting bumped so be it. But I am darn sure not competitive in high masters, several are nationally ranked and whip me most every time we shoot against each other. They practice every single day and I just don’t have the time energy passion or desire to devote that kind of time to it. I shoot in right at 11 different disciplines so I am just kind of average in all but not exceptional in any! Hah! Those guys shoot one discipline period and refine it until watching them looks like a dance vs me at a demolition derby!

Good luck..... :elmer:

That's a shame...

Glad the school took the proper precautions...

Good luck bud! And smart thinking on the schools end. I’d send them a coffee basket or something !

-
Back