Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
pvuAahONL-uxiUVGcvx1AcDQRXo2SXMrrXVHAQMYYXaHnS3YdwXlFb0uMXj5h6-pBeECHtS9&_nc_ht=scontent.fsan1-2.jpg

Springtime here at the beach. Sustained winds at 20 with gusts of 30. A disastrous .03" of rain yesterday :rolleyes:. I knew washin' the black Express would work :rofl:

Last edited:
Man. I spent the last hour trying to help this guy and then he gets his panties in wad because he didn't get the answer he wanted?
please remove
At least I got a chance to save it, if the mods decide to honor his request.
I'll decide later if he becomes the first to ever on my first ignore list.

Man. I spent the last hour trying to help this guy and then he gets his panties in wad because he didn't get the answer he wanted?
please remove
You gave him honest, straight forward, documented technical response including a wiring diagram? Not sure what else you could have done.

please remove
Wow and pretty balsey to hand out red X's to guys trying to teach and answer the op's question.

Guess I'll skip posting a pic of the truck then.
upload_2019-2-21_0-4-26-png-png.png

What a rust bucket by the time I drove it it '93, and more so in the early 2000s. After work put new tie rod ends on, spliced in fuel line,and some other minoir things. It was a blast to drive. Geared low. Stock 360, 4 spd. It did buzz! A little too much on the highway, and tried not to drive it on the interstate!
I wasnt so enthused about putting tools on that high bed every day, but it was always available, so it was mine to use.

please remove
I’m not sure what answer he wanted?

And I’m gonna try and screenshot it cause there’s a lot of good tech stuff there. Thanks @Mattax

please remove
I don't think I will remove the thread. I could (should) go back in and put his deleted posts back up. Change the title to "I'm a dummie"? :lol:

I’m not sure what answer he wanted?

And I’m gonna try and screenshot it cause there’s a lot of good tech stuff there. Thanks @Mattax
IIRC the title was "amp meter" and the text was "does all power in car go thru it?"

So I could do a copy and paste in the future if needed, I saved the page to my desktop's D: drive under \cuda\electrical
I assume all web browsers have that option somewhere in the menu. Firefox its in three horz bars upper right.

Just say " the Alt meter just tells you how much load is coming from the battery to how much is going to the battery".

Just say " the Alt meter just tells you how much load is coming from the battery to how much is going to the battery".
Tim, Did you see the 1960 wiring we were helping that guy from Germany with?

Super simple arrangement originally. No starter relay other than the solenoid itself. No bulkhead connector.
upload_2022-3-20_19-39-8.png

Last edited:
And if the Alt were to totally fail, then YES the entire cars load runs thru the Alt gauge...

And if the Alt were to totally fail, then YES the entire cars load runs thru the Alt gauge...
Driven like that a few times. Daytime not so bad, except when the bearing siezed. Got lucky a mechanic was able to force a belt on the crank to water pump pulley.
Night time and night time approaching I got lucky all three times. First time I knew I had no chance of making it. Pulled in supermarket and some stranger asks if he can help. Uh, I need an alt. He had one! Went and got it and helped me change it too! Took the old one as a core.

Driven like that a few times. Daytime not so bad, except when the bearing siezed. Got lucky a mechanic was able to force a belt on the crank to water pump pulley.
Night time and night time approaching I got lucky all three times. First time I knew I had no chance of making it. Pulled in supermarket and some stranger asks if he can help. Uh, I need an alt. He had one! Went and got it and helped me change it too! Took the old one as a core.
No way to change a ALT at the side of the road anymore. Heck you cannot even SEE the darn thing, or thingS!!

Food poisoning. I always worry when driving long distances that I will get sick and not be able to continue. Holeing up in a hotel somewhere....
Here's some material for Karl. I've only gotten food sick twice in all my trips to Viet Nam. First time I bought some peanuts from vendor while I was sitting at a Cafe. WET PEANUTS, yes Karl wet nuts , not roasted. Made me sick for a day. Second time was just a few weeks ago. Chins Mom gave me these little red berries, had three seeds inside. Never seen them before. No, I didn't eat the seeds. But I ate probably 20 of the berries. Also made me sick for a full day. Other than that....All good in Viet Nam...

Last edited:
-
Back