Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey Mitch how is the sand pumping going bringing your new build site up to grade? That method is surely going to create some compaction issues for you at some point? Do they do some kind of equivalent Proctor soil compaction test there prior to letting you build, or do you just get to go for it?

There's one part of town here that is basically a giant sand dune. Sits all by it self, no way it was deposited by the river on the other side of the valley. When I sent redi-mix trucks in there, they had to be all wheel drive to get around :lol:. The footings under the houses are like 8' deep :eek:. US 101 is on that same dune. I'd love to see the engineering involved in the 60s to do that. They built a new overpass in that neighborhood recently, all the foundations are twice the size of any bridge I've poured concrete for in the past.

There's one part of town here that is basically a giant sand dune. Sits all by it self, no way it was deposited by the river on the other side of the valley. When I sent redi-mix trucks in there, they had to be all wheel drive to get around :lol:. The footings under the houses are like 8' deep :eek:. US 101 is on that same dune. I'd love to see the engineering involved in the 60s to do that. They built a new overpass in that neighborhood recently, all the foundations are twice the size of any bridge I've poured concrete for in the past.
From what I've seen over here in Vietnam so far they make the footers very deep also especially if the land has been filled. But even with new construction in Vietnam I always see cracks in the wall at some point somewhere. Must be there construction methods

From what I've seen over here in Vietnam so far they make the footers very deep also especially if the land has been filled. But even with new construction in Vietnam I always see cracks in the wall at some point somewhere. Must be there construction methods
You might could make a small fortune showing them how to do it right. lol

Morning!
Is way above freezing. Was a beautiful day yesterday. One vehicle in storage is out and about. A couple more dry days and i can empty hay shed.

And having a problem with Mom. Denture problems. Cant figure it out, but we can only assume they got switched in the hospital. So now we need to get mom in to the denturist. That should be interesting.

And having a problem with Mom. Denture problems. Cant figure it out, but we can only assume they got switched in the hospital. So now we need to get mom in to the denturist. That should be interesting.
Sorry to hear Frank. Hope all goes well with that. Prayers from here

Morning!
Is way above freezing. Was a beautiful day yesterday. One vehicle in storage is out and about. A couple more dry days and i can empty hay shed.
Hell, it was over 90 here yesterday. lol

Good Morning and happy Friday everyone. Short day today. Dad coming over tomorrow to help with some tuning and hang out time. It will be really nice. Going to do some touch up and clean up on the car this weekend also.

@71340Duster :D

birthdayVI.jpg

Well, it's over...the rain that is. Been raining here off and on for a week with temps in the 50's. Some dreary chit!!
Sunny 70-80's here for the next 10 days. I'm ready, need to get the cars out, haven't driven them in weeks.

Just starting the rain here. Glad I sprayed yesterday. Can already see the yellow!:rofl:

Loading rig for journey to Arkansas. The trunk in a challenger is just huge! I have ten metal target stand bases stuffed in there with all kind of grocery asks of clothes so they don’t rattle for 15 hours
On way down. Jodi explained to me the Challenger is not a truck! That thing is gonna look like the Jed Clampets truck on the way down when I am done loading it! Jerky and Gatorade, no stops!

Tim have a great time on your trip!!
John have fun with your gun fight this weekend and time at the new home!!

@shittyslant6 better tie down the patio furniture, looks like it's gonna get ugly out there in the old homeland over the weekend. May not wanna take the Hellcat from LA to Vegas this weekend. It might be a Barecat by the time it gets home, 40-50 mph wind and mobile real estate :eek:.

Tim have a great time on your trip!!
John have fun with your gun fight this weekend and time at the new home!!
The force on force training is always a hoot as you so well know. We train in their Church in their surroundings. I will likely get to be a bad guy (as always). Again, preaching to the choir here as you know, the only one in a critical dynamic situation with a real plan is the bad guy, all others are by default reactionary, until the pivot point. Then game on for the good guys!

-
Back