Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ouch.
Hope they straighten that lens out.
Yes its hard to get safety presciption glasses. I also find it difficult to get a perspription that matches the task. I don't wan tto be ripping boards on a table say with glasses set for reading a book. The answer, at least for me, was not a progressive because the distortions make it hard to be sure everything is straight.

I tried using the stick-on little magnifiers so I could put it up on the top edge of shooting glasses. Damn farsightedness. I could see the target but front sight post was kind of a blob. Not a big deal for close in stiff but iron sights at distance was not good.

They didn't work...quality was iffy at best

Uggh. Got my regular glasses. They are ‘OK’, but seem different than old ones. (Same Rx, same type of lens) Gonna try those again in the morning. They are going to do a different lense in safety glasses ti try to fix problem. At more cost to me of course. :BangHead:
I can’t even get a lunch order right today. Grabbed a burger at Checkers. Supposed to be a double. Didn’t open till down the road. Only a single. :wtf: Filled out their survey to let them know…

Hey. Wife is getting her hair cut. So I'm in the village waiting on her. Found a little hole in the wall Mexican place. Good food great margaritas . called barrio garage

Avalanche done. Rear u-joint was siezed. And really stuck.

Well stopped by and picked up some iron from last year’s league, annual award ceremony was last night. I did purty good. Won the AR platform at fifty yards, won Masters Division Rimfire pistol, won the Expert Division Rimfire pistol using a revolver! Got third in Masters Centerfire pistol. And a second in Centerfire Rifle in Factory Sporter. I used a DD AR vs all them bolt guys. They were not happy! Had to do the turkey fantail thing. No way was I juggling plaques! Reckon my sponsor will be happy!

5FCD0A84-4220-4059-B67F-DBB2CDC7F94A.jpeg

Well stopped by and picked up some iron from last year’s league, annual award ceremony was last night. I did purty good. Won the AR platform at fifty yards, won Masters Division Rimfire pistol, won the Expert Division Rimfire pistol using a revolver! Got third in Masters Centerfire pistol. And a second in Centerfire Rifle in Factory Sporter. I used a DD AR vs all them bolt guys. They were not happy! Had to do the turkey fantail thing. No way was I juggling plaques! Reckon my sponsor will be happy!

View attachment 1715923014

Congratulations !!

You done good son!

Good shootin...:elmer::elmer:

On a far more somber note....and somewhat alarming... So the story states that the owner of the Jeep...who was not there...COULD be held liable because a negligent act occurred and the owner had "given permission" to the dealership to operate the vehicle ( a standard transmission).

This is tragic but :wtf:

A Jeep Wrangler with a manual transmission was taken to a Michigan car dealership for an oil change and tire rotation, but after the work was complete, court records say the vehicle “lurched forward” as a lube technician tried operating it.

Rochester Hills Chrysler Jeep Dodge dealership where the incident occurred has been ordered by the court to indemnify Jeep owner Diaz-Navarro if he is found liable of negligence.

On a far more somber note....and somewhat alarming... So the story states that the owner of the Jeep...who was not there...COULD be held liable because a negligent act occurred and the owner had "given permission" to the dealership to operate the vehicle ( a standard transmission).

A Jeep Wrangler with a manual transmission was taken to a Michigan car dealership for an oil change and tire rotation, but after the work was complete, court records say the vehicle “lurched forward” as a lube technician tried operating it.

Rochester Hills Chrysler Jeep Dodge dealership where the incident occurred has been ordered by the court to indemnify Jeep owner Diaz-Navarro if he is found liable of negligence.
WTF? Well the precedent was set by the trial lawyers that pursued Remington tirelessly for Sandy Hook.

Owner was not the nut behind the wheel. He gave care and control to the dealership.

WTF? Well the precedent was set by the trial lawyers that pursued Remington tirelessly for Sandy Hook.
That was (to my understanding) based on the advertising. Not sure that would apply. May just need a better lawyer or the papers screwwed up the story

I tried using the stick-on little magnifiers so I could put it up on the top edge of shooting glasses. Damn farsightedness. I could see the target but front sight post was kind of a blob. Not a big deal for close in stiff but iron sights at distance was not good.

They didn't work...quality was iffy at best
After the last CMP shoot was talking with one of the gys who is using prescription shooting glasses set up like that. He couldn't recall the name of the place/guy that does this but apparently is pretty well known. The glasses looked like Dycots or similar.
I would have delved into it more but later the conversation went OT to politcal conspiricy theories. Kind of soured the whole thing and could get it back to shooting stuff.

While poking around the net it seems the 'shooting glasses' aren't neccessarily impact resistant. They're just shooting glasses (higher contrast or whatever???) unless they are also rated as safety glasses with impact resistant lenses. Talk about making assumptions.

I would wear that pretzel on my shirt!
It was huge, cheese, Canadian Bacon and sauerkraut. Beer cheese for dipping. It was good. The beer was a sour. Fresh and delicious. Grapefruit comes to mind. It was so good I had 2.

-
Back