Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
After, but the ballast was bypassed for like 10 minutes maximum because it ran like crap. And that was two months ago
Got the Accel coil on it and it's fine now. I think it was just a crappy coil, then the MSD coil designed for MSD and not points. (I think it didn't have enough resistance in the coil)

I got the toolbox I bought all straightened up and painted how I wanted finished yesterday as well
PXL_20220517_031416048.jpg
PXL_20220517_031458115.jpg

After, but the ballast was bypassed for like 10 minutes maximum because it ran like crap. And that was two months ago
Doesn’t take long. That’s what happened to my accel coil. I blew it up after bypassing the ballast. Didn’t take but a couple minutes.

Doesn’t take long. That’s what happened to my accel coil. I blew it up after bypassing the ballast. Didn’t take but a couple minutes.
yeah but if that is what happened, why did it take over two months for it to fail? it was 91deg. last friday.

Been a rough start to the year. Almost had enough. Brother in law passed away yesterday. He wasnt well, cancer,diabetes, bad circulation and Dimentia. He went downhill fast. At least he’s not suffering. It was Torture for my sister, worse now of course.

I sent her some money, shes having a lot of financial problems too. Gave her what i could afford. Next is getting her out to visit Mom.

That's the one I have in the Valiant.

Didn't realize the oil core and having it horizontal on the inner fender was a problem (Thanks @halifaxhops )
thats a problem?
Mine is in the stock location on the manifold...
I got one of those dress up sleeve things and I painted it black so it dissipates heat better and I lined the inside of the sleeve with a few layers of heat tape to try and keep it cooler

Hoppy gave me the details. Something about the oil not being in the right places because it's horizontal and needing to go with a solid core coil.
man that is just crappy. I understand and it makes sense why mounting it sideways could cause problems but why did the factory do it like that? Just better stuff?

Been a rough start to the year. Almost had enough. Brother in law passed away yesterday. He wasnt well, cancer,diabetes, bad circulation and Dimentia. He went downhill fast. At least he’s not suffering. It was Torture for my sister, worse now of course.

I sent her some money, shes having a lot of financial problems too. Gave her what i could afford. Next is getting her out to visit Mom.
prayers and sympathies

That's the one I have in the Valiant.

Didn't realize the oil core and having it horizontal on the inner fender was a problem (Thanks @halifaxhops )
whoa. I hadn’t heard that. Hmm

@dukeboy_318 doesn't do anything only part-way :poke:
go big or go home

Hoppy gave me the details. Something about the oil not being in the right places because it's horizontal and needing to go with a solid core coil.
noted!

thats a problem?
Mine is in the stock location on the manifold...
I got one of those dress up sleeve things and I painted it black so it dissipates heat better and I lined the inside of the sleeve with a few layers of heat tape to try and keep it cooler
Im thinking it needs to be up off the engine. And no junk on it to hold heat in. If it was leaking oil, it was on its way out. The original coil on my old flathead was upside down. Something to do with cooling. The oil kept the hottest part submerged.

i think the last coil i bought was epoxy filled.

Im thinking it needs to be up off the engine. And no junk on it to hold heat in. If it was leaking oil, it was on its way out. The original coil on my old flathead was upside down. Something to do with cooling. The oil kept the hottest part submerged.

i think the last coil i bought was epoxy filled.
I always heard to mount them horizontal so the wiring and contacts were submerged in the oil inside the case.

-
Back