Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well it cost me 450 bucks in gas to drive out last time in 2019. Plus 200 for the hotel room one night. Gas was under 2 bucks then. I’m just guessing I’d be looking at 1200-1500 bucks in gas this go around. Yikes

A lot of people will be doing that math this year.

42%

Shows and cruises close to home for me. Plenty of those to go around. My Swinger get's about 20 mpg. Planning on MITP in Minnesota. Staying in a newly remodeled camper, I'll flip Mopr Joe a 50 for gas and away we go. We aren't planning much of anything for our Mopar Maxx event. Hard to get a big crowd with high fuel prices you know.

I’m just saying this, I’ve decided to reduce my 401k weekly contributions and moved my funds to guaranteed funds and stable funds. Just to hold the line. The economy will not sustain this into Q4. Once the crash happens. I’ll jump back in to try and catch it back on the upswing, although I fear the upswing will take even longer this go around

Little Woman already reserved a room in Harrisburg for us.
Not sure what day we will go yet. I want to see Tim's car, and maybe just say hello to a few folks.
I’m not giving up hope just yet. Maybe I can get a flight there and back cheap enough. I hate to think how much Tim’s gonna have in gas... gulp

I’m just saying this, I’ve decided to reduce my 401k weekly contributions and moved my funds to guaranteed funds and stable funds. Just to hold the line. The economy will not sustain this into Q4. Once the crash happens. I’ll jump back in to try and catch it back on the upswing, although I fear the upswing will take even longer this go around
Should probably do that with my IRA before it tanks.

He told me today he bought a few pounds of coffee, the price was insane.
Also gas is cheaper there then here. How is that possible?
Ain’t not way CA gas is cheaper than in PA. That’s nearly impossible. I wanna see that one

I giggle thinking that many people are OK with what's going on
I’ve come to say the same thing.

anyways, we got dealt another blow at work. Yet another trucking company backed out of their contract with us. For the very reason we talking.

And apparently there’s some states out west out of diesel fuel.

I need to look and see how much gas is per liter here in Vietnam when I go out today. I know it went up some I think it's around $30,000 dong for a liter right now.

I’ve come to say the same thing.

anyways, we got dealt another blow at work. Yet another trucking company backed out of their contract with us. For the very reason we talking.

And apparently there’s some states out west out of diesel fuel.

Can't imagine trying to do long term contract math given the volatility of fuel prices.

I know my round trip to Carlisle is approximately 300 miles. I figure the U-Haul gets 10 or 11 miles per gallon.

-
Back