Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I fall in that category. Maybe I’m too old school for my age.
As an old school member.
I believe my generation has failed to continue the American Dream to the future Generations.
I do Agree though
Term limits and bring back capitol punishment.
This country is screwed. Sad to think of all the sacrifices , many the of the past generations have made . Some the ultimate sacrifice. I don't believe you would find many happy with the current mess.

Today is the anniversary of the EF-5 tornado that hit Parkersburg north of here back in 2008. This is a 10 year anniversary. I was there the next day. Unbelievable. The neighbor lived through the center of it with a dozen other people sheltering in a walk in cooler in a bar. The building was destroyed but they all survived with very minor injuries.

10 year? Need to check your math buddy. LOL
14 year anniversary of the Parkersburg-New Hartford EF-5 tornado | Schnack's Weather Blog | kwwl.com

As an old school member.
I believe my generation has failed to continue the American Dream to the future Generations.
I do Agree though
Term limits and bring back capitol punishment.
This country is screwed. Sad to think of all the sacrifices , many the of the past generations have made . Some the ultimate sacrifice. I don't believe you would find many happy with the current mess.
Only the truly diluted.

anyway, I can’t find an affordable flight to Carlisle, 1800 bucks round trip plus 450 for a rental!

Only the truly diluted.

anyway, I can’t find an affordable flight to Carlisle, 1800 bucks round trip plus 450 for a rental!
I don't think we will make it either. Tim probably won't be happy, he wanted me to bring out his rally wheels. If he's driving out he may need to travel a little north and pick them up here.

Moving along on my bathroom(s) project. Downstairs toilet was also leaking. I don't think I will need to move the upstairs one to set the tub, but figured I better fix that first just in case. Of course, nothing simple. Old plastic flange was damaged. Got a stainless ring and tapcon screwed it down. Floor was level, but toilet rocked front to back. :wtf: Found the porcelain base was not flat... Decided to just set it in a bed of leveling goop. I did notice a hairline crack in front, but not an immediate problem, so will probably move other one down and get a new one upstairs eventually.

He'll of a story to tell. About the cancelled portion of our cruise. Tomorrow. Too tired now...

Some more patches on Firebird. Owner says clean enough, knocked down the loose paint. Sprayed rust convertor and will clean firewall tomorrow. Should be able to blacken it by the end of the day.

Been raining a couple days and will continue until noon tomorrow. Lots of flooding around but we are fine living on the high ground.
Buddy showed up today and helped me install the new double oven. The last kitchen item to install, we ordered it last June.
A few small projects to finish up in the next couple weeks and I think we're done.
Done until next winter when we put a wall bar, bedroom, and bathroom downstairs. It's already plumbed and framed so won't take much.
Start back staining and varnishing windowsills tomorrow. I hope to be done with it this weekend; only 22 windows left.

Been raining a couple days and will continue until noon tomorrow. Lots of flooding around but we are fine living on the high ground.
Buddy showed up today and helped me install the new double oven. The last kitchen item to install, we ordered it last June.
A few small projects to finish up in the next couple weeks and I think we're done.
Done until next winter when we put a wall bar, bedroom, and bathroom downstairs. It's already plumbed and framed so won't take much.
Start back staining and varnishing windowsills tomorrow. I hope to be done with it this weekend; only 22 windows left.
You have a lot of energy.

Well we are an official scratch for this years MITP. While it breaks my heart I got to stay focused on what we are trying to achieve. Depending on Zmans schedule I may get lost around Kansas City and end up on his porch. Detours are always worth it. Heck I remember once going to Omaha and ending up in Waterloo!

-
Back