Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have these on rear of 66

20220607_074636.jpg

I was all caught up at 03:30. That'll teach me for goin' back to bed for more needed sleep :lol:.
30 minutes ago I was making coffee and the sun was blinding, not anymore, June Gloom moved in.

Is your car mini tubbed or the wheel openings trimmed? 15x7's is about as wide as you can go without modifications. Probably 15x10 with a mini tub and the right size tire.

No, not mini tubbed or trimmed. I have 15x8 with 4" BS with 275 60R15. I went with 15x8 instead of 15x7 so there was less sidewall bulge for clearance. Fit very nice with stock suspension, but I now have SS springs so it is quite tall.

Agreed. They may be tough to come by. Those are old wheels back when they didn't make small bolt in 15". I'll keep my eye open. I am a fan of the A12 look with the black steelies and chrome lug nuts. It's a racy look where all 4 matching wheels is a little more refined.

View attachment 1715938729

View attachment 1715938730

The aluminium wheels have the little ridge around the slots like the old Halibrands?

You can also have your shafts drilled to the bigger pattern

@Mattax Matt mentioned this too. There is some controversy over this. Seems some think it is ok if using screw in studs but I just don't know if it is all worth it.

Have you ever tried a Merit disc or what I used for handgun sihloutte shooting was a piece of tape with a 3/32 hole. Makes rear sight, front sight, and target on the same plane like a camera lens, Works fantastic.
I've seen that shown but never tried it.
Probably not a good route for working on cars or with saws! :eek:

@Mattax Matt mentioned this too. There is some controversy over this. Seems some think it is ok if using screw in studs but I just don't know if it is all worth it.
One thing I’m learning is that no matter what, there is gonna be a controversy on any given topic these days. For example, did you know that Mustang II rotors will fit and function on A body spindles... National bearing company makes a bearing that will work for it and let it happen. But no one has really tried it in the real world. But on paper, it looks like it’s work.

One thing I’m learning is that no matter what, there is gonna be a controversy on any given topic these days. For example, did you know that Mustang II rotors will fit and function on A body spindles... National bearing company makes a bearing that will work for it and let it happen. But no one has really tried it in the real world. But on paper, it looks like it’s work.

I have not seen this. I know Speedway makes adapter bearing kits for my hot rod stuff to use Impala calipers on F150 hub/rotors on early Ford beam axles. Excellent set up, but some may find it sketchy. Do you know years/part numbers for the parts?

I have heard this. They used kH brakes as Well... Not on mustang 2. From what I heard direct fit...but never tried it. There is a member here @HemiGTX I think. Rebuilds KH brakes. He would know for sure

I was all caught up at 03:30. That'll teach me for goin' back to bed for more needed sleep :lol:.
30 minutes ago I was making coffee and the sun was blinding, not anymore, June Gloom moved in.
Nice here this morning, but rain is moving in. Wife mowed the yard this morning :thumbsup: while I taped/and did first mud on the drywall. Sure would be easier for a guy that could keep his elbows and back of his hands out of the parts already done...:rolleyes:

Once upon a time, in a land far far away, Chris set out to do a "simple" front disc brake upgrade. A K-Member swap, underbody derust and paint, undercoating removal, steering gear replacement, brake line replacement and exhaust system reconstruction later..... Chris starts on the disc brakes. :D

20220607_124405.jpg

Once upon a time, in a land far far away, Chris set out to do a "simple" front disc brake upgrade. A K-Member swap, underbody derust and paint, undercoating removal, steering gear replacement, brake line replacement and exhaust system reconstruction later..... Chris starts on the disc brakes. :D

View attachment 1715938808
Welcome to the club. It goes like that...

Mowed the back 9. Waiting on parts. Going to drive fargo to town for my physio appointment. I should go have lunch though. After is dinner, then car club meeting. I know they want to rope me in to volunteer for canada day car show. Wilk see. I have lots of places to be that weekend.

I have heard this. They used kH brakes as Well... Not on mustang 2. From what I heard direct fit...but never tried it. There is a member here @HemiGTX I think. Rebuilds KH brakes. He would know for sure

The guy you are looking for is @hemi71x ...

I've bought some of his KH set-ups... :thumbsup:

Nice here this morning, but rain is moving in. Wife mowed the yard this morning :thumbsup: while I taped/and did first mud on the drywall.

A guy's wife/gf is mowing the lawn... One of the neighbors sees this and yells at the guy, "You shouldn't let her mow the lawn, you're the man of the house.... You should be hung"...

He says, "I am hung, that's why she's mowing the lawn"... :D

View attachment 1715938808

That sounds like something Sparky/Chris would do... :poke: :lol:

-
Back