Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Research where our diesel come from. You might be in for a surprise...
Hint. Canada. Not Russia or anywhere else where were hated. 55 percent is oil sand. Turned into kerosene. Then ultra low sulphur diesel. So why is diesel so expensive? Good question...

Research where our diesel come from. You might be in for a surprise...
We have old refineries that were designed for dirty crude from the middle east. We have limited capacity to refine our own crude. The pipeline construction progress was stopped. It was far from complete. Our system was designed to produce fuel from crude purchased elsewhere. Why? Because it was cheaper. Purely economics. And who is in control of that? The oil companies.

Hint. Canada. Not Russia or anywhere else where were hated. 55 percent is oil sand. Turned into kerosene. Then ultra low sulphur diesel. So why is diesel so expensive? Good question...
Canada you say... you mean where a certain pipeline connecting Canada to the gulf was cancelled ? You know the pipeline they claimed wouldn’t affect prices... that Canada?

We have old refineries that were designed for dirty crude from the middle east. We have limited capacity to refine our own crude. The pipeline construction progress was stopped. It was far from complete. Our system was designed to produce fuel from crude purchased elsewhere. Why? Because it was cheaper. Purely economics. And who is in control of that? The oil companies.
Not entirely. Oil companies only have so much control on that. Government imposed environmental rules affect way more than you realize. For example, sure the oil companies are not using all the drilling permits available. Why? Because the government sets the limits of total barrels per day that all oil companies combined have to adhere too. My boss is a petro engineer and worked on automating fracking operations in North Dakota for a few years. So if a company hits their daily quota, even if they have unused drilling permits, they can’t tap another line

Canada you say... you mean where a certain pipeline connecting Canada to the gulf was cancelled ? You know the pipeline they claimed wouldn’t affect prices... that Canada?
You mean the keystones XL? Research please. All it was going to do was make a shortcut for heavy crude for making plastic. Xport limited. XL. Exported outside America....

You mean the keystones XL? Research please. All it was going to do was make a shortcut for heavy crude for making plastic. Xport limited. XL. Exported outside America....
Yep. It was just another pipeline.

Evening all. Mid 80 here, haven’t started my diesel truck since I got back from Texas. It’s up to 5.95 here.

@Mattax
Matt found you another Jeep. This one goes fast!!
!989 with a supercharged 6.2L Hellcat.
Called the Hellwagon...haha!!

View attachment 1715938908
What's the gas milage?
hide-gif.gif

laugh2-gif.gif

The cost of getting oil out of the ground hasnt changed. Let that sink in. This whole price of gas/diesel thing is a scam.

And on a lighter note, had a nice evening. I cant understand why everybody likes my truck so much.
727B17E3-126B-4264-BC35-709D782D6B0B.jpeg

I will add that I hadn't started drinking my first cup : ) Shoulda been suspicious when I saw Princess Valiant AND GDaddy in the posts lol! I don't know why my bookmark comes up there sometimes.

I finally got my wheel spacers in for my Kubota, will now be able to run chains on the rears w/o rubbing this winter. The rear tires are filled with beet juice or chemical for stability, weigh 4-5 hundred pounds each so will have to figure out a safe way to jack up tractor and slide them off one at a time. Have extended stud kit to add as well.

-
Back