Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
No disrespect Mike, but they were built on the assembly line that I first supported when I got to the engine plant in 97....

In 98 they split the 3.5 off to a separate assembly line and added the 3.2 L based off that engine...

I used to get the weekly dyno reports for all of the engines built at our plant... All of the v6's dyno'ed about 30-40 HP less than advertised... I asked the head of Engine Design why my engines dyno'ed that much below advertised HP and his reply was, "We built ONE that made that much HP"...

I told him that as a customer I don't care what they can build one to make, I want to know what the engine in MY CAR puts out... And they should advertise the actual numbers that the production engines are putting out, not what a hand built prototype can do...

Not like the good old days where they advertised the 340's at 275 HP and they put out more...
cool , thank you Karl.

So did you ever drive one ?

I think for a two seater, it's not no slouch, but true, not a 360 pushing 375 hp, but the light weight and good handling and super stopping it is no slug at all. You all know Larry i believe

View attachment 1715944796

View attachment 1715944797

They built that car using the large car (LH) powertrain to keep the costs down... From the Dodge Intrepid, Eagle Vision, and Chrysler Fifth Avenue...

With a retro hot rod like that, they should have put a V-8 in it... The 5.7 L Hemi would have made that car epic... But it was designed before the 5.7 L was made...

cool , thank you Karl.

So did you ever drive one ?

Yes, they passed one around Jeep Truck design engineering one day back in '95, I got to drive it for 30 minutes... I drove it to my in laws house and showed my wife and mother in law...

I couldn't get it to spin the tires straight off the line, I had to nail it around a corner to get the tires to break loose...

I got to drive a Viper once also when they passed it around to each design group for a half day...

Sadly enough, my dad had a 94 Viper, but I never got to drive his...

They built that car using the large car (LH) powertrain to keep the costs down... From the Dodge Intrepid, Eagle Vision, and Chrysler Fifth Avenue...

With a retro hot rod like that, they should have put a V-8 in it... The 5.7 L Hemi would have made that car epic... But it was designed before the 5.7 L was made...
It's a very cool ride, anyone 5'9" getting in with the top up is a chore, 6 ft people no way.

Thank you for the added information Karl, hell, I didn't even pop the hood, love the independent rear suspension :thumbsup: this was a 97 or 98 model I believe

It's a very cool ride, anyone 5'9" getting in with the top up is a chore, 6 ft people no way.

Thank you for the added information Karl, hell, I didn't even pop the hood, love the independent rear suspension :thumbsup:

The one I drove had the top down in the summer... I'm 5' 10"...

It was fun to drive...

I bet it was tight in it, nice seats for us small folks

When we were looking for a car for my older son's graduation present, we looked at the Challenger, Camaro, and Mustang...

I couldn't fit in the Camaro, my head hit the roof... :mad:

The Challengers at that time had the SRT-8 6.1L with only 425 HP for their best... I emailed Chrysler asking if they were going to make a performance one to compete with the Shelby Mustangs, and they replied to me that it was "proprietary" information... So they proprietaried themselves out of a sale... :icon_fU:

We special ordered the new 2011 Mustang Shelby GT500 for him with 550 HP... First year of the aluminum block, and the GT500 didn't have a gas guzzler tax that year also... My son still has the car with 30k original miles on it... It's his baby... He won't part with it...

He and his friends have some fond memories cruising in it... He's learned how to shift that 6 speed manual short throw trans like a pro... (he's already worn out two sets of tires...) :steering:

Last edited:
Pictures from today in DaLat. Been to about four different tourist locations today already. Tomorrow going to ride the zip line nearby through the woods and down through the valley. Should be fun.
PXL_20220621_050949783.jpg
PXL_20220621_055158494.MP~2.jpg
PXL_20220621_055124335.jpg
IMG_20220621_164807.jpg
IMG_20220621_164828.jpg
PXL_20220621_085104568.MP.jpg
PXL_20220621_063845303.jpg

Good Morning Everyone. I hope all is well. Sticky outside already, going to be a hot one. The driveshaft for my boy's rat rod is done, so I need to bug out of work a tad earlier than normal and run to Green Bay, about an hour away. It will be nice to have what I think is the last major piece for it. Need to finish up the floor, at least enough of a floor to keep the big stuff off. Have a great day everyone.

Morning!
Cooler this morning, overcast. Hope it doesent rain.
Todays task is to grab that 400/727 and a 455 for a friend. Plus a set of wheels that were originally on my dart. He says trim rings and caps are around somewhere too.

Well good for you. Get that shop cleaned up ....get ready for Carlisle....get ready for your cook out. Mow the grass

My shop is a disaster, grass is waayy too tall in the back 7 and im going to gather more car stuff. Plus another chevy truck with a running LS.
Was thinking i need a ramp truck, built on a 2 ton chassis. But that means annual safety.

Went to the Palace of the Bao Dai today. He was the last king in Vietnam I think that ended in 1954 or 1955. Anyhow they have a room where you can take pictures on the throne with costumes. So I was forced into doing that.
IMG_20220621_173534.jpg
IMG_20220621_173529.jpg
IMG_20220621_173455.jpg
IMG_20220621_173500.jpg

-
Back