Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I only have these for 2019.
IMG_20190713_133327.jpg
IMG_20190713_134336.jpg
IMG_20190713_134322.jpg
IMG_20190711_172239.jpg

Good morning everyone. Have a great time Carlisle goers. I hope to go next year. As for the rest if us, have a great day, stay safe. Day 5 of nothing but sitting. Whole body is getting so sore from just sitting. 9 more days to go....ugh

OK...so a poll here...

Had a great conversation with the Sheriff's Office today about the Valiant and registration/taxes (WV has personal property tax...pretty low rate but it's still there)

Recommendation was that instead of going with the original 1964 plates and registering the car as a classic, I should just get a standard registration on it as the tax rate is 30% HIGHER on classic cars....

She also recommended a garage that will actually look at a pre-1972 car.

Thoughts?

WV is a rear plate only state so I could still put the original 64 plate on the front...maybe do a vanity plate on the back....
Here my 67 plate on the Barracuda cost me $12 a year.

I would have him check on his warranty first. Then if going supercharger I would have to dig up compression ratio for you to see where he is now. If a complete teardown, then I would look at what Mercury Racing has to offer to get some ideas. They have engines up to 10L and twin turbo making 1650hp.

@ZMan67S. If you can get his serial number and PM me I can look it up and get warranty dates and engine specs

If we have collector plates, we can keep them in the car and run date of manufacture plates if going to a show or parade. Always a show or parade somewhere

If we have collector plates, we can keep them in the car and run date of manufacture plates if going to a show or parade. Always a show or parade somewhere
We run ours year round like a tag on a regular car. On the 55 we run my veteran's tag.

Last edited:
I think it was like $150 total one time cost to put antique plates on mine. No annual costs other than insurance. I think its another 75 if I want to put an old plate on, I have my Dad's bicentennial plate with the Liberty Bell on it that would actually be correct...

Good Morning

I think it was like $150 total one time cost to put antique plates on mine. No annual costs other than insurance. I think its another 75 if I want to put an old plate on, I have my Dad's bicentennial plate with the Liberty Bell on it that would actually be correct...

Good Morning
We had a lot of odd ball colored plates back then.
With the dark blue Barracuda when I saw the 67-license tag was a nice blue shade it was a no brainer to put it on.

We are kind of wired here to get on the way. Tim just woke up.
I figure I will have the car packed and ready Thursday. Leave here between 5 and 6. Not sure what time they let you drive in, IIRC gates open at 7 for walk in spectators/customers

Picking up the U-Haul van at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow morning. Have to come back to the house and load it and Gunner. Should put me there between noon and 1:00 p.m. on Thursday

We had a lot of odd ball colored plates back then.
With the dark blue Barracuda when I saw the 67-license tag was a nice blue shade it was a no brainer to put it on.

The WI plates from 1971 where Yellow with Black letters/numbers. Perfect. I found a set of Oct 1971 WI plates on Ebag which Dad bought my car in Oct 1971.

I figure I will have the car packed and ready Thursday. Leave here between 5 and 6. Not sure what time they let you drive in, IIRC gates open at 7 for walk in spectators/customers
Anytime you want if you have a vendor sticker. The years I've been there at the start people were coming in all night long.

-
Back