Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I don't know but I've heard there are quality control issues, like putting in a sinking float.

The carb was initially installed about 10 years ago. With the anomalies on it I'm wondering if the shop the prior owner went to didn't just toss a used one on there to get it running again

Betcha it feels good to get that behind you

Morning
:thumbsup: Got the base trim on and painted, Down to a few details now... Probably swap in the new toilet tomorrow. Already changed the supply valve and nipple, and flange repair was done at the beginning of this nightmare. So, shouldn't be much chance of any 'surprises'. :eek:

The carb was initially installed about 10 years ago. With the anomalies on it I'm wondering if the shop the prior owner went to didn't just toss a used one on there to get it running again
Sounds like that might be the case.

True

Reminds me, I need to call Holley and find out if not having the secondary metering body plate matters...

View attachment 1715965840

Chris, isn't 68 a gasket or is that the thin sheet metal plate? I have a bunch of random holley carbs for parts. 600 vs secondary plate? I possibly have one you could have

Sounds like that might be the case.

Still cost him $387 and $150 in labor regardless...:eek:

20220805_094055.jpg

Wow and that was back then. I find it tough to have a hobby that you can't do a lot of the work yourself. Even the simple stuff costs a fortune.

Yup. Agree 100%

I've been getting my study materials together for A904 University.

Waiting for the ATSG Manual and Tom Hand's book to arrive.

20220805_082722.jpg

Morning all you carb gurus. Show with in a show here tomorrow. Old car council show and swap meet. Local Mopar show has a Mopar show within the show with separate parking for Chrysler products.

Good morning everyone. I hope this Friday is starting well for all. Planning to spend some time on my boys rat rod. Got more braking now. A Speedway 90⁰ master cylinder bracket that goes up under the cowl has a bunch of linkage so it will take some tuning. Got the oil psi gauge hooked up, had no idea what psi it had if any. Very happy to see 65psi at idle cold. And tach works now. A little bit at a time...
Don’t over work the knee! Between you and Craig we don’t have a good leg between ya!

-
Back