Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Dad decided he wanted the '57 Ranch Wagon Navy Blue. One of his co-workers recommended a shop in Tijuana Mexico. We were livin' down there in Tim's neighborhood at the time about 50 miles from the border. Get it done in 2 weekends was his plan. First weekend it goes for upholstery 2 tone blue tuck and roll. Drops it off Friday night when he gets home from work at the shop in TJ. Sunday afternoon we go pick it up. Looks pretty good, seats, door panels, dash, head liner, new black carpet :thumbsup:. Monday morn before daylight he goes to work for the week. Monday evening Mom opens the driver's door and it doesn't get light in there :wtf:. I look around and see this faint blue glow where the dome light used to be :lol:. It's covered in a lovely 2 tone tuck and roll :rofl:. Next weekend it goes for paint and they say they fix the dome light issue and express their feeling sorry for missing it. Sunday we pick it up. Dad looks it over and is very pleased. They had just got it out of the spray booth that morning. Next afternoon I was just walking past it and noticed an oddity behind one of the fins. There were little wind waves in the new paint right at the bottom of the little channel behind the fin :lol:. Looked like white caps on the ocean on a windy day :lol:.

With a little finess I separated the two .

DSCF2457.JPG

Got the blues… have 3 plants that are only a few years old. Only got a handful of berries last year. Picked over a quart each this year. :thumbsup:

717D3C20-6C9B-428E-935B-C114A0B07486.jpeg

06156107-2138-43B2-ABBA-DE8E6A41A44F.jpeg

So, question to the masses. My rat rod uses f150 rotors on the front. Anytime I use steel wheels, the latest being brand new, it shakes like crazy. Aluminum slots and smooth. Could I be using the wrong lug nuts? I see there are possibly 3 different tapers? Anyone have experience?

So, question to the masses. My rat rod uses f150 rotors on the front. Anytime I use steel wheels, the latest being brand new, it shakes like crazy. Aluminum slots and smooth. Could I be using the wrong lug nuts? I see there are possibly 3 different tapers? Anyone have experience?
Yes. That or those Steelies are bent

This Summer we hired a intern to work the summer with us. His Grandfather is a Marine and served in Vietnam. His (the grandfather) funeral was today. Sad day. He wrote this poem while there. They posted it during the service. I could not finish reading it as something got in my eyes.

45D23F6B-FFBB-4633-BA82-2374B3756BA3.jpeg

Thanks Eric... That's the same one that @fatoldguy pulled up.. The shape is different than what I'm looking for. What's the LIST number of that carb?

Oh sorry, I thought that was the number you wanted. This is a list 9138. I do also have a 34R-2007B and maybe others

This Summer we hired a intern to work the summer with us. His Grandfather is a Marine and served in Vietnam. His (the grandfather) funeral was today. Sad day. He wrote this poem while there. They posted it during the service. I could not finish reading it as something got in my eyes.

View attachment 1715965914

Requiescant in pace

Yes. That or those Steelies are bent

This is the 3rd set of steelies. And these are brand new that I drove about a block ever. The lug nuts aren't making a concentric scratch in the paint like I expected them too

Well I think I watched too much Tim Taylor’s tool time growing up haha.

i just ordered the most powerful chainsaw Husqvarana makes…. Will let me run up to a 52 inch bar…. Why? Well cause that’s why

Greatly appreciate you looking Eric

It's a 134-9 secondary plate that I'm looking for. Off of a model 4160... LIST is 08457-B 0832
I have a box of Holley carb parts, whatcha need Willis ?

This is the 3rd set of steelies. And these are brand new that I drove about a block ever. The lug nuts aren't making a concentric scratch in the paint like I expected them too
Hmmm you gotta watch if you’re using nuts sourced from auto part stores. I had this happen on my Jeep the other year. It takes the wider BULGE acorn nuts. Same thread pitch and hex size, but there’s a big bulge around the cone. The ones I ordered from Napa that they said was for my Jeep didn’t have the bulge. These two Will physically interchange but used on the wrong wheel and they won’t hold tight and it’ll vibrate

-
Back