Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So, I mentioned I need to do 100K service on the wifemobile. 09Journey. Back plugs will be a job. Figured pull fronts and see how they look. Should be easy right. 2/3yes. This one major problem. Something in next to it. :wtf:Original plugs. As far as I know, never looked at since it left the factory. Only thing I can think is a valve keeper. Tried pokin around with a scre driver and it seems to be wedged…
:soapbox:

View attachment 1715983088
I saved a stainless bar from a windshield wiper, bent a hook in it and it managed to pop out a stone jammed in beside plug. Ford 5.4, cyl 4.
Failing that,cut a notch in socket and turn plug a little, should be able to blow it out.

So, I mentioned I need to do 100K service on the wifemobile. 09Journey. Back plugs will be a job. Figured pull fronts and see how they look. Should be easy right. 2/3yes. This one major problem. Something in next to it. :wtf:Original plugs. As far as I know, never looked at since it left the factory. Only thing I can think is a valve keeper. Tried pokin around with a scre driver and it seems to be wedged…
:soapbox:

View attachment 1715983088
Oh, looks factory. Maybe a piece of pipe with a big notch, angled to get under it?

Mom wasnt feeling well, decided to have her admitted to hospital. Nearest one is 3 minutes away from care home. Nope,30 minutes to next one. Covid restrictions still in effect, luckily they allow one visitor. Kim is in with her now.
Trying to tell ambulance attendants mom has dimentia and cant answer questions and she needs delicate treatment. Just a pair of assholes at end of their shift. They dont GAF.
Same as nurse at admitting. What a sad state of affairs our health care system is in.

I saved a stainless bar from a windshield wiper, bent a hook in it and it managed to pop out a stone jammed in beside plug. Ford 5.4, cyl 4.
I have a couple of those saved if I can find them. If not, was planning to replace blades on this car anyway. :thumbsup:

Mom wasnt feeling well, decided to have her admitted to hospital. Nearest one is 3 minutes away from care home. Nope,30 minutes to next one. Covid restrictions still in effect, luckily they allow one visitor. Kim is in with her now.
Trying to tell ambulance attendants mom has dimentia and cant answer questions and she needs delicate treatment. Just a pair of assholes at end of their shift. They dont GAF.
Same as nurse at admitting. What a sad state of affairs our health care system is in.

Sorry to hear Frank....

The ones on the 3.0 Ford are all o-rings. Some people reuse them, but they're cheap as hell so I don't. I put new ones on.
This thing uses formed gaskets. Looks like local Autozone has in stock for $40. and Advance not far away has stock as well. So can run and get if old one is crap.

This thing uses formed gaskets. Looks like local Autozone has in stock for $40. and Advance not far away has stock as well. So can run and get if old one is crap.
That sucks. I have to admit I do like some things on newer cars and the use of o-rings is one.

Heading out to Blackfoot Idaho. 12 hour drive. Pulling a trailer to lodi for my brother.

Morning I think are we're open...coffee is on.

Last edited:
5&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=-LT1jQVsxfUAX_Zr2IX&tn=8jUHfewvHLFEHh8H&_nc_ht=scontent.fmci1-3.jpg

Morning!
I got home at 12:30, Kim is still with mom. Dr saw her at 4:30 am. Time to wash up and head back. Chest X Ray then wait to see if she will be admitted.

Up and at em' A little early for me.
I usually get up for a little quiet time no TV just sitting here drinking coffee checking out things on the computer.
Cheryl has her annual physical this morning starting with the blood donation.
After that we're off for BK then the grand brats softball game then home to watch my favorite college team's football game at 11.
Then I plan on doing nothing for the rest of the day!!

I usually get up for a little quiet time no TV just sitting here drinking coffee checking out things on the computer.
Cheryl has her annual physical this morning starting with the blood donation.
After that we're off for BK then the grand brats softball game then home to watch my favorite college team's football game at 11.
Then I plan on doing nothing for the rest of the day!!
Sounds like a full schedule. Especially the afternoon part. Anything you want to do or nothing if you choose.

-
Back