Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I hope Mitch Knows how to say NO MEANS NO in many languages.

im-funny-laughing.gif

Morning. Road trip today. only a few hours round trip.
My youngest son is doing the driving, so everyone should be safe.
Safe travels Ray. Road trip for me too. Up to Wisconsin for a couple more bottles. And of course a stop at Textile brewing for lunch. Pics to follow.

I'm in Thailand with a tour group I think there are 39 people total 11 of us are from her yoga class I'm the only guy in that group. Anyhow today we are in Pattaya. Looks pretty seedy to me. I see a lot of guys my age and older that are way out of shape wearing dirty T-shirts , dirty shorts,smoking cigarettes and stumbling around. Kind of sad actually. Glad it's not like this in Vietnam. But I'm only here for today we're going a bunch of different places over the next four days
I saw some crazy stuff when we pulled into Pattaya. Went to a bar with a boxing/martial arts ring and watch guys kick the crap out of each other. One guy got his arm broke, wife was working the bar, kid was behind the bar as well. They were allowing sailors to see how long they could last in that ring with one of those guys, not long, pretty entertaining overall! Great food there too imo

I saw some crazy stuff when we pulled into Pattaya. Went to a bar with a boxing/martial arts ring and watch guys kick the crap out of each other. One guy got his arm broke, wife was working the bar, kid was behind the bar as well. They were allowing sailors to see how long they could last in that ring with one of those guys, not long, pretty entertaining overall! Great food there too imo
Ok now I gotta confess i don’t think any of us ate while we were there? Didnt even know they served food?

Ok now I gotta confess i don’t think any of us ate while we were there? Didnt even know they served food?
I get that, Thailand is one of the few ports that I never took a tour either in Phuket or Pattaya. Yes they have some pretty strong local whiskey (I think it was), lots of guys were getting into that pretty early lol!

Mikie has never ben out of the States, but seen 41 States growing up in the harvest, living like a Jeipsy, sleeping and living out of cars and labor camps, you guys have been everywhere it seems :thumbsup:

Mikie has never ben out of the States, but seen 41 States growing up in the harvest, living like a Jeipsy, sleeping and living out of cars and labor camps, you guys have been everywhere it seems :thumbsup:
That's also in adventure, all good. Haven't been to enough states, want to do Route 66 with the wife some day soon.

That's also in adventure, all good. Haven't been to enough states, want to do Route 66 with the wife some day soon.
Everytime i see old pictures shared on route 66 of families eating on the car hood I have to look closely, one day I might see my mug on one :lol:

For those that do not know, our little portion of Arkansas provided a lot of traveling labor back in the day for harvest. The basic trip was Arkansas to Oregon or California, picking all along the way. Then rinse and repeat home. Each family member big or little was issued a flat or sack to drag or carry. You took your sack to the table and got a weight Slip and gave your family name. At end of day each head of family would get the days earnings from the combined totals. There were shanties on every farm but most did not get to stay in them you slept by your rig. Mostly Bossman stayed in the shanties. Countless trips as @memike pointed out with a pickup bed loaded with kids and stuff Traveling from state to state chasing the crops. It rained you got wet, it got cold you got cold. Our rule was you could not sit on fender wells or Dad stops truck and blisters ya! And you wonder why I went in the Marines at an early age! Hah! Great memories, thanks. @memike !

I think I have witnessed that. I remember standing in a group of guys in awe as we watched you welding without a helmet. We were all thinking this guy is badass... I think it was the first time I met you.
Wolfie does all of his own stunts. LOL

Good Morning

Looks like a nice day today, partly cloudy and 45°. It's supposed to start raining tonight, turning to a wintery mix overnight, and snow all day tomorrow. :mob::mob::mob::rofl:

For those that do not know, our little portion of Arkansas provided a lot of traveling labor back in the day for harvest. The basic trip was Arkansas to Oregon or California, picking all along the way. Then rinse and repeat home. Each family member big or little was issued a flat or sack to drag or carry. You took your sack to the table and got a weight Slip and gave your family name. At end of day each head of family would get the days earnings from the combined totals. There were shanties on every farm but most did not get to stay in them you slept by your rig. Mostly Bossman stayed in the shanties. Countless trips as @memike pointed out with a pickup bed loaded with kids and stuff Traveling from state to state chasing the crops. It rained you got wet, it got cold you got cold. Our rule was you could not sit on fender wells or Dad stops truck and blisters ya! And you wonder why I went in the Marines at an early age! Hah! Great memories, thanks. @memike !
Well said and explained, you speak with truthful tongue cousin. Well explained, showers was community, toilets was a tree or a stinking two holler, same here, moved out at 15 1/2 , construction was my way out.

-
Back