Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's a 8 3/4
That is super easy then. Remove the 5 nuts holding the axles in, remove axles, remove all but 1 nut holding center section in (leave that one loose), pry it out a bit to drain fluids. Slam the new center in and reassemble. I grabbed the 2.91 center out of my charger that was in the junkyard since the 80's. $80 spool to make both tires spin and ran it to MITP. Gears and bearings were good and never changed them. Here you can buy up C body 8 3/4 really cheap. steal the center section and swap it

It's a 8 3/4
Some one rebuilt it not long before I got it and ring and pinion are if I remember Richmond gears.
That is super easy then. Remove the 5 nuts holding the axles in, remove axles, remove all but 1 nut holding center section in (leave that one loose), pry it out a bit to drain fluids. Slam the new center in and reassemble. I grabbed the 2.91 center out of my charger that was in the junkyard since the 80's. $80 spool to make both tires spin and ran it to MITP. Gears and bearings were good and never changed them. Here you can buy up C body 8 3/4 really cheap. steal the center section and swap it
Yea I have no problem doing that I haven't been able to find a complete center for under $1,200.

Some one rebuilt it not long before I got it and ring and pinion are if I remember Richmond gears.

Yea I have no problem doing that I haven't been able to find a complete center for under $1,200.
Not sure how to do a replace ring and pinion.

**** here, I can get complete C body 8 3/4 for $125.

Not sure how to do a replace ring and pinion.
That is much more involved with backlash, pinion depth etc. Better to find center section. Hell, I would let you borrow the 2.91s and help swap then over but I will be gone a bunch in June. Stop here on the way thru

That is much more involved with backlash, pinion depth etc. Better to find center section. Hell, I would let you borrow the 2.91s and help swap then over but I will be gone a bunch in June. Stop here on the way thru
I'll try and keep everyone posted on my travels as I would like to stop by everyone on the way home. going to be a fast run to PA. but coming back I'd like to meet up with everyone I can.
Thanks Eric appreciate it.

Really don't need my sure grip for the trip so yea I'll see what I can find.
and if you just have to spin both wheels like I did, I thru in a $80 spool for my trip. Worked great but then have to change the axles to Green bearings as there is nothing for the axles to adjust to

and if you just have to spin both wheels like I did, I thru in a $80 spool for my trip. Worked great but then have to change the axles to Green bearings as there is nothing for the axles to adjust to
I'm trying to make the trip with no tickets so think I'll be fine with a cheap non sure grip. LOL

nc_ohc=VDB69qY8e2AAX_bqFl4&_nc_ht=scontent.fsan1-2.jpg

Random thought...

What ever happened to the old style ramp-back car haulers? Love that look...

How hard to build one from a cab-chassis for you crafty guys?

View attachment 1716066702

I have a 49 chevy 2 ton 5 window cab,and a ramp from a car dealership, put the 2 together with an LS powertrain and im ready to haul.

Got the toyota wheel bearing done. I can tell you it was stuck. Had my *** handed to me for sure. Siezed into the housing. At least i will know how to deal with it next go around. All that bs could have been averted with 2 cents worth of anti-sieze.

Got the toyota wheel bearing done. I can tell you it was stuck. Had my *** handed to me for sure. Siezed into the housing. At least i will know how to deal with it next go around. All that bs could have been averted with 2 cents worth of anti-sieze.

antiseize.jpg

-
Back