Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
If I remember to get CV off Axel there is a clip that needs to be removed, under all that grease. They pop right on but not off. But now that I think about it, last one I did I just held the axle assembly in the air and hit the CV joint with a big hammer and it came off. Took two of us.
Exactly right. There is a clip. It is completely inaccessible in this one so hammer it is. And a new clip is included in the kit.

Might be worn out. I bet that was noisy!

Turning under even a little acceleration, yes. I figured it was just the balls (in the joint - come on, guys!) were jumping from one end to the other because of no grease. Wrong I was.

seriously, a year? As soon as I realized the boot was blown on mine I was shooting a little grease in it about once a week till I got it done - which might have been 2-3 weeks tops.

Yeah, well, My garage has a very immobile Dart in it so I'm forced to do this outside. Six months of the year that is no fun in this country. And to be fair, I did a fix and added some grease a few months ago. But yes, it should've been done long ago.

turn up the radio! music helps take the edge off the depression too - it's a win win... LOL (no offence Anders - just :poke:ing a little) :lol:

No offence taken. I tried to take my foot off the pedal when I was turning. Seems it didn't help much ...

Big part of the problem was that last time I replaced the boot, I got a thermoplastic one. It was so stiff I couldn't get it to seat properly on the larger diameter. This time I bought rubber ones. Should make it easier to assemble them properly.

Also got a pair of pliers for the special ... ring ... clamps whatyamightcallit for the boot.

Man for a rusted out hulk a ton of good parts! Keith still need those fender bolts for the back bottom?

Did I mention that my new fuel cell has been stinking up the whole house since I got it after lunch.

One of the drawbacks of not having a sense of smell ...

sooo - you had a stiff joint..
Big part of the problem was that last time I replaced the boot, I got a thermoplastic one. It was so stiff I couldn't get it to seat properly on the larger diameter. This time I bought rubber ones. Should make it easier to assemble them properly.

Also got a pair of pliers for the special ... ring ... clamps whatyamightcallit for the boot.

doh - or is the dope...
That seems a lot of money for one joint! O... not that kind of joint....sorry :lol:

I'll be she's relieved!!
Cheaper in Hawaii! Lol just taking a break from the stripper!

Put it in a garbage bag and tape it shut.
I put the breather hose and the fuel line on there and plugged the ends. Should do the trick.

My wife just went to the gym. She'll be able to tell if we're ok to light some candles when she gets back ... :eek:

No brainer then, I thought all you Swedes drove VULVA's Look it up.
Revenge of the Nerds. I know it. And yes, a lot of people do drive Vulvas. They're relatively expensive, though. French cars are A LOT cheaper. But they suck, so ...

-
Back