Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I was in the 106th at the time on Long Island. Man we got seriously tasked half the unit was on aerospace at JFK and LaGuardia, the other half deployed. Base was a freaking ghost town for a few years. Think all of the aircraft were deployed except one of each to keep the pilots current.

Chestnuts look like that before they started to dry out and break open.

View attachment 1716140052

View attachment 1716140053

Good Morningggggggg

Morning Tyke.:thumbsup:

Good Morning Wolfie

Almost there, I'm taking today off, still sleepy.
Good morning everyone, I was in my old home about 6 miles away, out in my shop, my older brother (RIP) walked in and surprised me, his car was to quit, I told him what just happened and watched the TV together over a cup of coffee...

Thanks go out to all my friends here that served then and now, you guys are my heroes.. I mean that .

This is the only day I remember where I was 22 years ago
Just walked in and sat down in second period Algebra when a kid came running in and had my teacher turn the news on. We watched for a few minutes and he got up to turn it off when the second plane hit. We watched that live and in silence. I don’t think anyone spoke to each other for the remainder of the day as we went from class to class simply to stare at the various news coverages as events unfolded. Later that afternoon, helped stack and pack planes at the local airport, then stayed up all night watching to see if they’d pull anyone from the rumble. The next morning, at 5 am, mom sent me on my bike to ride 3 miles to get as many newspapers from that day as I could carry.

I had just gotten home from third shift work. Wife (at the time) called and woke me up, "turn on the TV". What? What channel? "Doesn't matter". I watched and called everyone I knew.

I'm sure Chris probably has them all too. @WV64Signet

"All Points within the EUCOM AOR" 179 days... lather, rinse, repeat. Usually with a weekend break in- between.

On 9-11 I was getting ready for work, about to head to the airfield. I was in the middle of running a military free fall course out in Arizona.

I called into our state operations center and was told to come right in. I told them I was at a conference in town and needed to go home and get a uniform. They told me to forget that just get here as soon as you can. I spent the next 24 hours working with state and federal agencies tracking all the planes and passengers that were forced to land across the state. A couple days later I was tasked with developing the plan for our state airport security training and operations plan. It was fast and furious back then.

Last edited:
Think the biggest cluster freck was year 2K Stupid me got chosen to be on that team. 2 weeks red cross shelter manager, mass casualty management certs and a few others Then the night of Y2K we stayed on base maybe 15 of us armed also. Had one guy just got served divorce papers that day. I was the highest rank and took his side arm away from him that he kept looking at. and told him to go home. Three days later he committed suicide. Pretty sad actually.

I had just sold my businesses 8 months ago before 9/11. I was at home in the house waking up like I do each morning and turning on the news. Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. Was devastated when I saw what happened. Like most, was on the television for 2 or 3 days. Watching. Very sad time in the history of America...

Think the biggest cluster freck was year 2K Stupid me got chosen to be on that team. 2 weeks red cross shelter manager, mass casualty management certs and a few others Then the night of Y2K we stayed on base maybe 15 of us armed also. Had one guy just got served divorce papers that day. I was the highest rank and took his side arm away from him that he kept looking at. and told him to go home. Three days later he committed suicide. Pretty sad actually.
Yep was in the operations center for Y2K. About 1am and nothing happening I went in a room and slept a couple hours. I had to work at 5am at the police department.
Cheryl and I had just started dating. She was on duty also our first New Years Eve haha!! No kiss at midnight...PDA :lol:
For the non-military PDA Public Display of Affection, a no no in uniform back then.

It's
1694433659915.png

Monday!
Good morning :D

Good Morning All! Back from the coast, have tan lines from my flip flops lol! I was on another coast when all that went down, sad day indeed.

I will never forget. The wife had gone to work and I was busy getting the kids ready for school. I saw what was unfolding on tv and I decided to keep the kids home. Lord knows what was going to happen. Like the fall of the Roman Empire was happening all at once in front of my own eyes. I called the neighbors and we went across the street to watch the horror unfold. It was a sad day in history.

Last edited:
Morning!
Cool,clear and no wind. Harvest in full swing.
I remember this day, heard it on the radio, a co-worker brought a tv from home. We watched it, store had never been so quiet.
Lots of upset people the following days. It affected everybody deeply. Even in rural canadian communities.
Was a sad day. So many innocent people.

This seems too cheap.. wouldn't that block/heads be worth bout half of the asking price?

I was at the rock farm making black top and one of the drivers for the job waiting to load walked into my control room and told me he had heard about it on the radio. I called my associate at the truck scale house on the phone, she was watching it on her computer. It kinda really hit home when the Pentagon got hit. A buddy of mine's 9-5 job was at the Pentagon. 3 days before I heard from him.

Doing some FBMP hemi dreaming.... i love some ads :) The infamous 440 hemi wedge

Doing some FBMP hemi dreaming.... i love some ads :) The infamous 440 hemi wedge
I contacted the dufus and told him it's one or the other but not both. It's a 440 Wedge and you may want to change your title.

If he doesn't, every Mopar guy will know he's a dumb azz!

-
Back