Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good Morning All! Well, I got the wood stacked so that is done but the 50 hour on the UTV is most definitely not! I had 3 filters to do, oil change part/filter is done buy the hyd filter is buggered up! My biggest channel locks don't fit around it, it's behind the other smaller hyd filter so hard to get to. I ended up punching a screwdriver through it.....yep, did that and lost a ton of fluid. So the end is pretty mangled but overall access to filter is okay as I removed a cage that protects the transmission. Will look at large channel locks today or ? Maybe a quality filter wrench, mine is a flimsy pos.

Wow, pictures of your new four legged family member and your son are a hart full, congratulations on a long trip that went great @dukeboy440

It's Musk Monday!
1695639101421.png

:lol: Yeah he rattled my windows at 01:48 PDT
Good morning :D

Mikie is sore and hope to walk it off this morning after a couple of cups coffee, walked 8.765 steps Friday and 7 thousand Saturday, 3 hour drive home, that doesn't seem like much to you guys, but its a bunch for me..next 5 days call for sunny and 88 for the high, Fall is on a coffee break here all week
Good morning everyone

Here's the bad and the ugly. Ray do you think that cup style will work with what I have left of a filter. And please ignore the crowbar, hammer, C clamps lying about in the picture, not sure how they got there lol!

Oilchgmess.jpeg

Buggeredfilter.jpeg

Thinking about selling my 72 special order 340 each code Duster with matching numbers and build sheet... Car is Tawny gold, ordered with the steel wheels and dog dish, stripe delete split bench seat and vinyl top has sleeper written all over it...
I think 20k would take it, motor runs and does not smoke or not, transmission will move the car enough to get it on and off of a trailer but it's a true barn find and needs completely gone over and redone...
I didn't post a wanted ad or a for sale ad, I'm just kicking it around to get some thoughts before anybody loses their s*** over this being in the cup of coffee forum lol
So it’s a project?

Any one ever have good luck with the three arm adjustable ones? I never did.
If you buy a quality one. I've got one that I use and I've had it here now for about 20 years. Works great for filters that you don't have a lot of room around.

Might?????? It slips over the end on the hex part. Now that adjustable one they have with the three arms should. Here is a trick if your desperate. Take a large hose clam tighten the hell out of it then use a screw driver and drive the screw part in CCW to break the seal. It is redneck but works. Dam that line looks like it is right at the end of the filter. WHY? :BangHead:

K.. radiator ordered.. need to figure out which started to get next... Had read that a mid 90s something with manual trans had the smallest starter?

If you buy a quality one. I've got one that I use and I've had it here now for about 20 years. Works great for filters that you don't have a lot of room around.
Thanks guys I've never seen. Any special name for it or pic, I'm leaning towards buying something not flimsy. For the Kubota tractor they put the first filter on then PAINT the tractor orange with it so that was a fun one too. This one's not painted but damn it's tight

That would last me three seasons, good looking split wood :thumbsup:
Thanks Mike, I took measurements since I'm not great at estimating cords and want to know what I'm going through (new fireplace). This will be next winters wood, I haven't started on the pile that's seasoned, still in logs with some rounds, a mix of alder and hemlock.

Good Morning All! Well, I got the wood stacked so that is done but the 50 hour on the UTV is most definitely not! I had 3 filters to do, oil change part/filter is done buy the hyd filter is buggered up! My biggest channel locks don't fit around it, it's behind the other smaller hyd filter so hard to get to. I ended up punching a screwdriver through it.....yep, did that and lost a ton of fluid. So the end is pretty mangled but overall access to filter is okay as I removed a cage that protects the transmission. Will look at large channel locks today or ? Maybe a quality filter wrench, mine is a flimsy pos.
I use the blue point oil filter wrenches, but if access is an issue the geared one with 3 fingers works very well. That is if its installed properly.

Thanks Mike, I took measurements since I'm not great at estimating cords and want to know what I'm going through (new fireplace). This will be next winters wood, I haven't started on the pile that's seasoned, still in logs with some rounds, a mix of alder and hemlock.
I burn wood in the shop, have a 1/2 a Rick of seasoned, and a tree thats has been on the ground for 4 months, start my fire's with seasoned then put this years wood in to last a long time, outside shop stove does great because I can put 24 inch long split wood in threw the front long ways, its deep.

-
Back