Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sweet one of my favorites.
Mine too. When I was a kid workin' at the Chevron station, I had money in the bank, my Ranchero to drive, and school to keep me out of trouble mostly. My folks always got the Sunday LA Times on Saturdays, when the Sunday edition was 4" thick at the news stand. Had a great classified ad section.
I'm readin' the classifieds and find a '39 or '40 Willys Coupe for not a lot of $$. "Hey Dad! Look at this!" I knew he was a hot rodder and '40 Fords were real high on his list. That vintage, the Willys and Ford coupes were so similar lookin' to me, either one would do for me. My folks had a commercial property they rented out and part of that yard they had some of their things stored. I'm thinkin' that '63 Merc wagon with the 430, auto, and 9" was a good hot rod donor, it was parked for electrical reasons. "You're not puttin' one of those ugly SOBs in my garage!" was his response to my finding the Willys in the paper :rofl:

Get this day behind you and enjoy the weekend 71340 :thumbsup:

Oat meal is boiling now, chea seads and cinnamon on the ready.
Had that here this morning, never tried Chea seeds. Mine had Rasins dates and walnuts.

Good Morning Coffee slurpers!
Got Wood! It's that time of year. Had this delivered yesterday. From the son of my old neighbors. I think He is at least 70 years old. That apple didn't fall far from the tree. Cuts and stacks like his old man. This was all in a pickup bed with a cap on it. Looks like all oak. He had it packed so tight in the truck you could barely get ahold of the pieces.... I'll see when I stack it, but I doubt the lengths vary more than half an inch. LOL

View attachment 1716150218

View attachment 1716150219
Where's the bark? The bark makes the good smoke on the BBQ pit :lol:

1696517117070.gif

On the GM's you could change them right in the car without removing or disturbing the Dist....
Did one a few weeks ago, on the old IHC wrecker. Owner said it never ran that well before. Guess it wasnt very good to begin with, but the connectors were crap too.
Saw him on tue evening, and still commenting how good it runs. I worked on it before, never crossed my mind the module could have been the cause of poor performance.

Last night about 2:00 a.m. laying in bed with her. I hear this humming sound. Lol. No wasn't her. Lol. This has happened before. The compressor runs whenever it needs to and apparently the belt jumped off of it again. So the electric motor just keeps running. The compressor is in a shed, insulated ,4x4 outside of the garage wall in the back. It is also just below my bedroom. Just got back from changing the belt. I admit I built the shed a little too small. Since it's only 4x4 ,the compressor takes up quite a bit of room. I can just get my skinny *** around one side to get to the belt in the rear. Three belts in 23 years. I don't guess that's too bad. :lol:
I want to set up a contactor switch connected to one of my lights. Lights off compressor off. Only way now is breaker or air valve. Pain in the butt.

Started cutting up the Thunderturd. Two layers of floor. Stupid setup. Full of moisture. Its not going to be as bad as i thought. Need to dry it out first.

Man what a AM. The computer smoked, the backup is also Fd up. So run to wally world and get a new one. Then the wife breaks the filtered waterspout on the sink when I am gone water everywhere and I think Harley is sick. at least I have beer right?

Man what a AM. The computer smoked, the backup is also Fd up. So run to wally world and get a new one. Then the wife breaks the filtered waterspout on the sink when I am gone water everywhere and I think Harley is sick. at least I have beer right?
Damn! Luck is not on your side today. Don't buy any lottery tickets.

Speaking of tires, I had a flat on the front of the rider yesterday. Of course it was off the rim! :mob: What a turd to get it beaded up to see where the leak was. Just a tiny little pin hole in the tread. Screw it. I will put in a tube. Damn, I don't have a jack. Run to the store for a jack. No tubes. Run to the farm store for a tube. (could have bought a jack there) :BangHead: Break it down and fight the tube. Of course I had to unbead one side. and of course it's a pain to get the bead back on. Damn, no vice grips. Drive home for a pair. I finally got it but you know how it goes! One thing after another. :rofl:

Dang! Dukey's storm cloud found you

Speaking of tires, I had a flat on the front of the rider yesterday. Of course it was off the rim! :mob: What a turd to get it beaded up to see where the leak was. Just a tiny little pin hole in the tread. Screw it. I will put in a tube. Damn, I don't have a jack. Run to the store for a jack. No tubes. Run to the farm store for a tube. (could have bought a jack there) :BangHead: Break it down and fight the tube. Of course I had to unbead one side. and of course it's a pain to get the bead back on. Damn, no vice grips. Drive home for a pair. I finally got it but you know how it goes! One thing after another. :rofl:
Dang! Dukey's storm cloud found you
It must be going around. That was my yesterday.

Got the one side cleaned up, moved welder into shop. Thinking i will crank up my dehumidifier to knock down humidity in shop. That convertible top doesent keep the rain out at all. Carpet is soaked. Maybe shop vac is next on the agenda.

I was going to mount them at home and figured I would run into problems. Best $25 spent, done in less than 15 minutes for all 4.

-
Back