Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It feels colder than it is, damp i guess. The form for my bloodwork is wrong, had to go back to DR to get it straightened out. Try again tomorrow morning…

Cleaning shop, sorta.
I really should get this dash bs started. K, im on it.

My HP273, 4 speed, 8 3/4 bucket seat, console, GT car should be worth $20,000 or so then. :lol:

1702313633405.png

Xfinity is seriously pissing me of right now. Sent us a new box. Supposed to be a swap for one having problems. It wouldn't turn on. Call them and they want $150 to activate. :wtf: But... If we pay bill NOW they will not charge that AND give a discount. Huh? Ok, now we need to watch that they don't pull a double payment that is on autopay. :BangHead:

Waiting for new box to activate now. This is :bs_flag:. Time to look at other services again...

Xfinity is seriously pissing me of right now. Sent us a new box. Supposed to be a swap for one having problems. It wouldn't turn on. Call them and they want $150 to activate. :wtf: But... If we pay bill NOW they will not charge that AND give a discount. Huh? Ok, now we need to watch that they don't pull a double payment that is on autopay. :BangHead:

Waiting for new box to activate now. This is :bs_flag:. Time to look at other services again...
Yeah...I'm about at the end of my rope with Xfinity. Think I am just going to keep Wifi and get rid of all Cable/TV...... Way too much $$....I'm sure there's lots of options, just need to research all in my area.....

The city is burying fiber as we speak. They will have internet, tv, and phone available for cheaper than our current provider which has been providing crap service for decades. I can't wait.

Yeah...I'm about at the end of my rope with Xfinity. Think I am just going to keep Wifi and get rid of all Cable/TV...... Way too much $$....I'm sure there's lots of options, just need to research all in my area.....
Yep. Just confusing what you will actually get with different ones. They are my internet service too, so not even sure what I would save by dumping them for TV. Not even sure what options I have for internet if any. I do have an antenna I can use for local tv

Yep. Just confusing what you will actually get with different ones. They are my internet service too, so not even sure what I would save by dumping them for TV. Not even sure what options I have for internet if any. I do have an antenna I can use for local tv
We should probably ask Chris @WV64Signet about our options. He has a lot of knowledge on this subject.... :thumbsup:

I would like to get a cheap antenna just to see what I can get there. It looks like up to 31 through an antenna. (not a cheap one though)

So first they were just activating my box. Like it should have just turned on. Then he said 5 min. Just called back and said it should be on in 35-45min. I'm pretty sure they have no clue why it won't turn on and really not expecting it to work at this point. :BangHead:

We should probably ask Chris @WV64Signet about our options. He has a lot of knowledge on this subject.... :thumbsup:

Here is a good spot to start. If you are rural, then options are really limited.

https://broadbandmap.fcc.gov/home

Remember that home internet/TV from a mobile carrier makes you a second class citizen... and DSL has different grades and speeds. Important to make sure you're computer can actually keep up with the internet speeds you're paying for if the PC is older.

I was fortunate to have fiber show up from a local ISP. I pay a bit extra for the increase speed and up/down parity, but I claim that because I'm a remote employee.

I used a wifi Hotspot off of an AT&T Tower for a while, but you have to know what your consumption is.

Edit to add: Satellite based internet, other than Starlink, is a endless and unforgivable money-pit. It's the last resort of super-rural. Be cautious. I've never met a "Satisfied " HughesNet customer. I've used ViaSat and INMARSAT for work but never at home. $$$$

Starlink- check your address... it is NOT everywhere. Our friends up North and out West have it... not so much the East and South.

https://www.starlink.com/residentia...Cy73SiP9Abs86LInq1cRG7ClkoeuEfIBoCKeUQAvD_BwE

For "TV" streaming, it can get a little pricey if you want networks plus sports and you often have to bundle several to get to what you want...(Paramount + Hulu + Peacock... etc) I just go with my Amazon Prime and do without.. though I need to get an aerial up at some point to see what I might get from Broadcast TV.

Screenshot_20231211_132154_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a good spot to start. If you are rural, then options are really limited.

https://broadbandmap.fcc.gov/home

Remember that home internet/TV from a mobile carrier makes you a second class citizen... and DSL has different grades and speeds. Important to make sure you're computer can actually keep up with the internet speeds you're paying for if the PC is older.

I was fortunate to have fiber show up from a local ISP. I pay a bit extra for the increase speed and up/down parity, but I claim that because I'm a remote employee.

I used a wifi Hotspot off of an AT&T Tower for a while, but you have to know what your consumption is.

For "TV" streaming, it can get a little pricey if you want networks plus sports and you often have to bundle several to get to what you want...(Paramount + Hulu + Peacock... etc) I just go with my Amazon Prime and do without.. though I need to get an aerial up at some point to see what I might get from Broadcast TV.
Agreed, we are very rural. Think five miles to nat gas and exclusive to well water. We get the promo packages when playoffs are on then let them expire! Other than that go Amazon prime! The delivery aspect of prime is just not valid anymore but getting the TV is worth it!

Agreed, we are very rural. Think five miles to nat gas and exclusive to well water. We get the promo packages when playoffs are on then let them expire! Other than that go Amazon prime! The delivery aspect of prime is just not valid anymore but getting the TV is worth it!

I maximize the use of Amazon. Focus on free shipping items and Amazon Warehouse refurbs, scheduled redelivery item discount, video streaming and cheap movie rentals as well as music and podcast streaming.

Just got done shipping out SS, it is hard to be incognito......................did my best, it is what it is.

I'm waiting for what I ordered to arrive so I can send mine out. :BangHead: Post office just says delyaed

My plan is to not look and not try to figure it out, regardless....

I ditched my local wireless internet and my satellite tv. Went with starlink and im doing without some local channels. Been 3 or 4 months. Can always find something to watch. Had to pay $8.99 a month to get discovery but im still less money per month.

So who is your internet through?

I did spend some time pulling dash, lots to clean, and polish the bezels. Not much left to lift dash, bug my legs were giving out, spasms in right calf. No fun.

-
Back