Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
After a full day with a chain saw and tractor clearing deadfall’s I am whipped. It is tuff working logs but yourself, hop off tractor chain up log get back on tractor drag clear, hop off tractor re rig hop back on rinse and repeat all day. I am physically wiped out. So is taking a toddy into the shower with you being efficient? Or is taking a toddy into the shower a sure sign you got bigger problems? Picture is what we Arkies call a lazy boy recliner! Other pic is a nice walnut that got blown down during last storm. I see some custom grips in my future!

IMG_1139.jpeg

IMG_1138.jpeg

Jeep's beating me a up a bit. My own fault to some extent.
Used the hydraulic press to remove the u-joint. Kindof made a mess of it.
Then I remembered seeing the U-joint tool in the former landlord's toolbox. Yup it was there.
1706655414562.png

Of course the u-joints I had in the box aren't for the front axles. :rolleyes: So its a trip to the parts store anyway. Looks like they have both greasable and non-zerk Moog. I'm leaning toward non-zerk.

And of course the inner wheel bearing's race is larger than any driver I have. Argh.

After a full day with a chain saw and tractor clearing deadfall’s I am whipped. It is tuff working logs but yourself, hop off tractor chain up log get back on tractor drag clear, hop off tractor re rig hop back on rinse and repeat all day. I am physically wiped out. So is taking a toddy into the shower with you being efficient? Or is taking a toddy into the shower a sure sign you got bigger problems? Picture is what we Arkies call a lazy boy recliner! Other pic is a nice walnut that got blown down during last storm. I see some custom grips in my future!

View attachment 1716199736

View attachment 1716199737
Wow that's a nice hunk of wood and yea definitely worth keeping.

Looks good.
Split it down? although walnut can be twisty and doesnt splitting.

Shame its so short. We've been running walnut through the woodmizer when we have opportunity. I think everything so far was flatsawn - which I think is silly but its not my walnut. Hopefully someone ripped some 2x 6 for benches as their boss had asked. If not I'll try to get er done when I'm back up there.
Rambling now.. back on subject
A cheaper 'alaskan' chainsaw would get some boards. The type that runs on a 2x4.

Love that smell. 2 cycle and sawdust

Original scat pack in 1968 had 4 cars right? The Dart GTS, the Roadrunner , the Coronet Super bee and the Charger r/t right?

Then I remembered seeing the U-joint tool in the former landlord's toolbox. Yup it was there.
View attachment 1716199740
Of course the u-joints I had in the box aren't for the front axles. :rolleyes: So its a trip to the parts store anyway. Looks like they have both greasable and non-zerk Moog. I'm leaning toward non-zerk.

And of course the inner wheel bearing's race is larger than any driver I have. Argh.
Wow I'm not the only one fighting getting something done. Sorry Matt.

Welcome to my world!!!!!

:lol:

Sorry it's been a PITA Matt....

I'm about to dive into round 2 of oil priming the 318.

20240129_142215.jpg

Looks good.
Split it down? although walnut can be twisty and doesnt splitting.

Shame its so short. We've been running walnut through the woodmizer when we have opportunity. I think everything so far was flatsawn - which I think is silly but its not my walnut. Hopefully someone ripped some 2x 6 for benches as their boss had asked. If not I'll try to get er done when I'm back up there.
Rambling now.. back on subject
A cheaper 'alaskan' chainsaw would get some boards. The type that runs on a 2x4.
I have three nice 6-8 ft logs. The picture is the stump.

Welcome to my world!!!!!

:lol:

Sorry it's been a PITA Matt....

I'm about to dive into round 2 of oil priming the 318.

View attachment 1716199753

Its more fun doing it under the hood!
Not!

It save me one time I had removed the oil pump - I forget why - and messed up in the reinstall. Spun it up with the drill and there was no pressure in the accusump.

I guess that's kindof like where I am with the Jeep's front end. Haven't ahd to go this deep before and so its a slower more painful process. However punching the hub's casting where the outer race seats instead of the back of the inner race was just being stupid.

Hi guys, hope you are all doing well.. Cold here in michigan and haven't touched my car in months.. but spring is coming. Still a few things to figure out but i'm not far from driving, probably order back rims and tires this week ($1k for 2 rims and tires makes me sad inside)

Anyway, hope everyone is good :)
Thanks for coming by...we're still here stop by whenever.

Hi guys, hope you are all doing well.. Cold here in michigan and haven't touched my car in months.. but spring is coming. Still a few things to figure out but i'm not far from driving, probably order back rims and tires this week ($1k for 2 rims and tires makes me sad inside)

Anyway, hope everyone is good :)
What rims

You still haven’t primed it?! Stupid question, have you double checked that the shaft is fully seated into the pump?
It is...

Have to do a much more incremental rotation of the crank to get the oiling ports to align.

Going to set timing at zero and do a slow, maybe 2° rotation and wait

I grind the od of old race and use it as a driver.i have an assortment of them. Safety glasses.

Creamy shrimp pasta with mushrooms tonight. Not too fancy looking but it sure is delicious.

20240130_181541.jpg

-
Back