Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just finished swimming some laps in the swimming pool. 8:15 a.m. here in beautiful Vinh Long. Going to eat some breakfast and then head south to the city of Binh Minh where my banker lives and is having a party at his house today. I'm quite sure this one will be a doozy. We're going to take a cab. Lol
1000003291.jpg

Credit card bill came in the mail today and looks like someone got my #. 2 hundred bucks and I only used it to buy gas.
Can someone get my card # from a gas station?
Yes they can get their number. Card scanners at the pump. Contact your card company first and where you bought gas. They need to kno. Your card company may refund the fraud. Sorry that happened.

Yes they can get their number. Card scanners at the pump. Contact your card company first and where you bought gas. They need to kno. Your card company may refund the fraud. Sorry that happened.
Thanks Mike we have a card only gas pump in town and I bet that's the one.

Credit card bill came in the mail today and looks like someone got my #. 2 hundred bucks and I only used it to buy gas.
Yep . Skimmers are every where at gas stations

They can have an skimmer or access the satellite link that does the point of sale connection.

Is there a fast food joint or parking lot nearby?

Nope nothing and my wallet is scan proof.

Ok. Yeah, usually they'll set up nearby to gather the information from your card. Has to be line if sight. Places where they can loiter like McDonald's or parking lots are popular.

Sucks

So sounds like a skimmer as others have said. Double check any point of sale location like that for something out of the ordinary or if it seems loose where it shouldn't be.

Avoid odd ATM machines as well

Plus side of using a credit card is that you can dispute the charge.

I shudder at those that use debit cards. You generally have no recourse.

Fred, if you don't mind me asking, how much does a plane like that sell for? Looks pretty expensive.
That one is a RV6 experimental with an upgraded navigational system that fly's itself. I am no expert on planes but sold for $ 70,000 I think.

Ok. Yeah, usually they'll set up nearby to gather the information from your card. Has to be line if sight. Places where they can loiter like McDonald's or parking lots are popular.

Sucks

So sounds like a skimmer as others have said. Double check any point of sale location like that for something out of the ordinary or if it seems loose where it shouldn't be.

Avoid odd ATM machines as well

Plus side of using a credit card is that you can dispute the charge.

I shudder at those that use debit cards. You generally have no recourse.
Shutting it down and think I'll not get a new one.

Good Evening All! Well I'm here, barely, data got all gobbled up from watching SB. Our "unlimited" data plan is very limited, have to wait until the 18th for renewall. If Dish network and CBS could come to an agreement I wouldn't have had to stream at all, maybe I should just burn it all down lol! Life in the sticks! I'm having to use wife's cellphone data!

Just finished swimming some laps in the swimming pool. 8:15 a.m. here in beautiful Vinh Long. Going to eat some breakfast and then head south to the city of Binh Minh where my banker lives and is having a party at his house today. I'm quite sure this one will be a doozy. We're going to take a cab. Lol
View attachment 1716206794
That is inviting, am I invited lol!???

Headed out of town for 1 night, dinner at a Mexican restaurant "El Camino", wife mentioned awhile back. Taking pugs as hotel is "pet friendly" $$$, actually not too much additional. Managed to buy flowers and chocolates today but need a card still so "side trip" tomorrow during work day if it works out.

Would like to buy more on the internet but not sure if it's a good idea so I don't
We are doing some downsizing, are 2 for 2 on items with no BS but am having a lot of "tire kickers" and potential scammers as a seller. It works both ways (scamming) so you're wise imo to think that way.

Headed out of town for 1 night, dinner at a Mexican restaurant "El Camino", wife mentioned awhile back. Taking pugs as hotel is "pet friendly" $$$, actually not too much additional. Managed to buy flowers and chocolates today but need a card still so "side trip" tomorrow during work day if it works out.
Love Mexican food with a Margarita and a really good Encalada.

-
Back